Filter Forge Update 1.016 - Memory Leak Fix (Windows), Help and Bug Fixes (Mac OS X)
March 13, 2009
Alexandria, VA, USA (March 13, 2009) – Filter Forge, Inc. today released the update 1.016 to Filter Forge, a Photoshop plugin that allows users to create their own filters. The current update fixes the memory leak in the Windows version, adds Mac-specific help to the Mac OS X version, and fixes numerous bugs.
How to update: To download and install the update 1.016, select Tools > Updates from the Filter Forge main menu. The update preserves all downloaded and user-created filters, as well as user settings and the license key. Users who do not want to use the built-in update feature can download and install the update manually from http://www.filterforge.com/download/
About Filter Forge, Inc. – Based in Alexandria, VA, Filter Forge, Inc. is a one-product company solely focused on developing Filter Forge, a high-end Photoshop plugin allowing computer artists to build their own filters. The key features of Filter Forge include a visual filter editor and a free online library of user-created filters to which anyone can contribute. For more information, visit http://www.filterforge.com
List of Updates, Additions and Fixes
- A single codebase is now used for both Windows and Mac OS X versions.
- Filter Forge no longer crashes with the 'Failed to create event' error due to the memory leak.
Mac OS X specific:
- Filter rendering speed increased by 6 to 50 per cent.
- After entering the license key and quitting, Filter Forge no longer refuses to start.
- The Temporary Files Location dropdown on the Rendering tab in Options now allows to select the temporary files location and shows the amount of free disk space.
- Filter Forge help is now Mac-specific and contains index and search.
- Fixed scrollbar 'jumping' in the list of controls.
- The timeout in the 'Connecting to the server' window has been reduced, the window is now more responsive.
- The built-in autoupdater no longer crashes Filter Forge.
- Fixed a filter update error in the built-in library browser which caused the 'Cannot set modal result 2 for disabled form' error.
- Fixed a bug that caused clicks on hyperlinks in the component properties to 'fall through' to the properties of the linked component.
- Fixed several mouse handling bugs that resulted in the 'Unable to add action to locked undo/redo list' error.
- When a modal window is shown, the mouse pointer is no longer affected by regions of the underlying windows.
- When switching to Filter Forge from another application, the pointer image is now consistent with the current pointer location.
- Fixed a bug in the Enter License Key window that caused Filter Forge to crash when a very long license name was entered.
- In the Save As dialog, two dots are no longer inserted between the file name and the extension.
- Decimal separator settings defined in the current locale are now applied in the numeric entry fields.
- An attempt to address the filter library no longer causes Filter Forge to quit without any error message or bug report.
- The command-line renderer no longer shows unnecessary debug data in the Terminal window.
- Minor bugs fixed in the built-in bug reporting tool.
- Data transfer between the plugin and the host is now faster.
- Removed a random-colored gap in the bottom-right corner of the preview area.
- Removed small gaps between the scrollbars and the preview border.
- Single-pixel artifacts no longer appear at the preview edges when panning the preview area.
- Photoshop layers now update correctly when the Last Filter item is selected in the Filter menu shortly after Filter Forge has been used in the plugin mode.
- Fixed a bug in the slider control that caused the 'List index 4294967295 (-1) is out of values list bounds' error.
- Fixed the 'Could not complete the Filter Forge command because there is not enough memory (RAM)' error in the plugin mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused Filter Forge to crash during the rendering instead of restarting the rendering.
- Fixed a bug in the filter description form that prevented the Alien Abstraction filter from loading.
- Fixed the Size slider issue which occurred when non-seamless textures were generated in the discrete filters.
- Clicking the 'Download more filters' link in the Filter Forge is no longer required prior to opening filters from the web library.
- The 'Keep in Dock' command applied to an expired trial no longer prevents Filter Forge from closing correctly.
Back to the news list
Class is going REALLY well! They are loving your stuff.
Senior Creative Director
See All Testimonials
“Filter Forge is an incredibly powerful new Photoshop Plugin. It's simply amazing. It gives you the power to create your own filters (you must run them from inside Filter Forge though) without any programming knowledge at all.”
“I needed rock textures and instead of the usual day it takes me to make one, I was able to make 20! Again – applause to you all.”