FFBatchMaster for Mac OS X

Messages 1 - 45 of 57
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 
Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Totte
Übernerd

Filters: 104
Hello folks,

Now you can configure and run batch renders with FilterForge on Mac OS X 10.5 or better.

You can download it here: http://4eyes.code66.se/wp-content/upl...Master.zip it is < 700kB.
It is still in beta, but I think I've polished away most of the bugs.

Cheers,

// Totte

P.S. Kraellin - you can get that Mac now smile;-)

- I never expected the Spanish inquisition
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 249
Some good work Totte.. smile:)
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
argh! one web app and now one mac app... where are the pc programmers for a stand-alone batcher? smile;)

nice one, totte! and i came close, once, but finally came to my senses when i found out a harddrive replacement might cost me $800 on a mac smile:D (i love their new led screens, though. just outstanding!).
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Someone played aprils fool on you, $800 for a diskchange ?

Btw, a new version is soon uploaded, fixed a psychic problem where the FFBatchMaster was a bit schizophrenic when picking Presets in some situations.

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
i was told that the harddrive in an imac ran that much because of integration with the motherboard and the vid card. but yes, sounded weird to me, too.
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 75
Now, the quest is complete.
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Now, the quest is complete.

Did you like it?
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

I've updated the FFBatchMaster, fixed a small issue with IntSlider random and sweep.
You find it here smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Scazzino
Filters: 3
Great utility Totte!
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Thx!
  Details E-Mail
xirja
xirja.com

Filters: 7
I'm having trouble here with the rendering process not getting beyond 54 frames. Using OS 10.6 and FF 3 and 4 this seems to be an issue. A notice to look into the 'tmp/FFX...' for the crash log comes up when rendering stops/fails, but where is that? Is there a rewrite needed for the newer versions of FF? I only see a version of FFBatchMaster from 2010, is there an update?
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Probably needs some fixes, might look at it when time allows.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Hello! So I figure it's time to bump this thread since there's a very very important issue: The program no longer works on MacOS Sierra.

Would there be updates in the future?
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Hello ( I haven't installed OSX 10.12 on any system yet (have too many vital softwares it will most probably break running on them, but eventually I will pull it in on a secondary disk and might fix it, motivations from those who hasn't motivated is of course something that might push it ahead.

Btw, does it crash or just doesn't work? Any logs in console.log?

If you have any, please email them to guru66 [the funny (A) with a tail just to trick spam-bots] icloud.com
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Alright I'll email as well but just as a heads up for everyone (for now) this is what the icon looks like.

OS X message says: You can't use this version of the application "FFBatchMaster" with this version of macOS.

Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Hello!

I made a quick fix -> FFBatchMaster 1.0.3b1.

Please test it and report any bugs you find here.

What I had to do was to change from GC memory handling to ARC, so it might be some wonky things I didn't catch.

Cheers!

/ Totte
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Hi again! And I'm sorry this took a while to respond. Thank you, it appears the program is working once again. I haven't tested it fully yet, but the program runs, settings display properly so far.

I figure I want to send donation to you for all that time I've spent using it, but Paypal Japan's preventing me from doing that. Are there other ways to send you donations?
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Good to hear Skybase, that it seems to work. I got a few other old sharewares I probably need to update, and "inspiration points" are always welcome. About PayPal Japan, that's weird as that account is properly setup as a merchant account (as I get my payments from DAZ 3D that way). I've been a DAZ 3D PA for a year now, using FF + Substance Painter for most of my texturing.

I don't have any other "world wide" payment method set up, hmm, what kind of error/alert do you get? Can be something with Japanese tax laws (I know Apple Appstore has a whole bag with papers to fill in to make you app sellable in Japan.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Heh, the error says:
"PayPal does not currently support Donation Payments from buyers in JP. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

It appears that Japanese policy makers don't like digital currency. heh.
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Hm, OK, I can see if I can do it the Right way then, as a payment, I see if I can set this up.
  Details E-Mail
fasteddie
Hi Totte. This is a great program, thanks for taking the time to make it. Had a question if it was possible to run a batch of images instead of just one. Right now I believe it is only capable of rendering for one image at a time. Is this possible with your program? Thanks!
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Hello,

Right not it's only doing it on one image (basically it was done to generate textures), but I might, if I'm "encouraged enough" add the possibility to point to a directory with images and then loop on each of them....

Cheers smile;-)
  Details E-Mail
fasteddie
I'd love to see it added (and I'm sure others would too). Would be more than willing to donate for your time!
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

OK, I think I have a plan to add this without too much changes to the program. I will look at it.
  Details E-Mail
PosterFaces
PosterFaces
Thanks for a quick fix for OS X Sierra, Totte! I'm using BatchMaster quite a lot to render image sequences for animation, and it is a very helpful tool smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

You're welcome smile;-)

I will see when I can get some free time to do multiple images.
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

I've been thinking about what features would be nice to add to FFBatchMaster. I have a bunch of ideas, but I would like to toss them here first to avoid spending time on a feature no one wants.

The idea I have is like a matrix way to doing things.

(a1) Run one Filter nn times
(a2) Run a chain of filters each with individual params

(b1) Target is one image
(b2) Target(s) are a directory with images

The you could select (a1) or (a2) to run on (b1) or (b2), where (a1) on (b1) is what we have now. (a1) or (b2) is what have been wished for, and (a2) is a completely new beast.

So, is there any interest in the (a2) solution, create a chain of filters to run on the destination?
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I'm totally down for it. The idea's great so far at least as far as I can understand. My question would be how would you organize the chain of filters and order the images so each filter gets applied to the image I'd want it to be applied to.

Also while we have the discussion of adding new features here are some personal requests:
1. Ability to create a new folder in the output director locate button.
2. Check all parameters or deselect all parameters as well as some boolean selections (like inverse selection of parameters).

I really really love the tool and I've been using it all over the place. Thanks so much for keeping this happening. It's honestly one of the best tools we got. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

My plan was that you can have multiple filter configs and they will be applied to each image in the order you have them.
I will rewrite it i n Swift from scratch and will try to "mimic without copying" as much of the FF config panel (and also handle the new type of controls we have). I'll keep you posted here with screen shots etc, will make this a "summer project" smile;-)
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

I'm totally down for it. The idea's great so far at least as far as I can understand. My question would be how would you organize the chain of filters and order the images so each filter gets applied to the image I'd want it to be applied to.

I though more of that if you have a bunch of filter you want to apply to a bunch of images, all filter will be applied in the order you give to filters, on all images in the selected input directory. There will not be possible to run an arbitrary selection of filters on a an arbitrary selection of images within the same run.
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

OK, a little sneak peak of the GUI (the Output panel)

Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Did some redesigns, but In have a question.
Would it be of interest to be able to save a FilterChain (list of filters and the configs for each filter) to be able to open it later on?
A way to make a library of cool filter chains.
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Sneak peak 2 - how you select which filters to add to the Filter Chain

Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

I have progress!
I have something running, now just fix a lot of stuff and polish, but on the right track.

Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Filter chaining now works.
Chained Old Photo and Picture Frame
Now need to fix file naming while chaining.

Aslo, been thinking about how to control what kind of output you want (new feature), to render for example, diffuse + bump + normal map for the same random settings, gonna take a look at how to implement that as well.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I just want you to know that what you're doing here is amazing and I'm glad we have people like you who make these kinds of programs possible. While the chatter has kinda subsided, I'm probably one of the biggest users of FFbatchmaster and I kinda rely on it. So I'm just glad to see it moving forward!
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Thanks for your nice words Skybase!
I'm fiddling with some tricky things with frames vs. filter chaining and figured out frames will only be related to the first filter in the chain, the others will see every output from the first as a single image to process, but I'm getting there. Next thing I still haven't implemented yet is running without input image / directory but I guess that's simple as I've prepared the filter chain to handle that.

If everything goes as planned (which is seldom does) I think I could have at least a beta version in a week or so, with at least filter chaining and multiple input files. Filter chaining wont work with multiple outputs (defuse, bump, normal etc), but I will look up now to control that for nor al runs, specially texture filters, would be nice to be able to generate a bunch of files with all maps nicely named.
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Chaining filters with no source images now works.
Sixties swirl + Old Photo

Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

And a three filter chain, added Picture Frame to the chain

Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

@GMM : I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to render "the other maps" from the FFCmdRenderer, like Normal, Bump etc but I cannot really find how you control that when reading through the documentation.

Any pointers appreciated !
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Hmm, maybe I should send a support request on that ^^^
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Questions on the forums are perfectly fine but don't expect an answer on weekends smile:)

Any 'other map', similar to the 'main image', should be stored in a preset. Save your map as a new preset and render it from the command line.
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Thanks GMM!

I also got a similar reply fr om support. This made it somewhat tricky, but I think I know a way to do it, but I let it hang until I got the first version done.

It will require presets for the different maps, wh ere all settings are the same, and then when running it in batch mode, I need to generate a batch control file and filter ffxml, one for each preset using the same random settings and I need to know which preset is which to set the correct name on the output.

I wish there was a simpler way of doing this..... *whistling along innocently*
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Totte wrote:
It will require presets for the different maps, wh ere all settings are the same

I believe it should be easy to add new presets programmatically, modifying the FFXML file directly. The map type is only defined by the map_type parameter in the Preset section, while all other settings remain the same.

Here is an example: I took this filter and added a bump map preset and a normal map preset. You can open the attached FFXML in a text editor and compare the <DefaultPreset> section and the last two <Preset> sections: the only difference is the map type.

Metalizer.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Totte
Übernerd

Ah, that was a difference, hmm, sounds suddenly very doable smile;-)
I build the filter ffxmls all by my self (editing the existing ones in RAM to save them out.
That was the info I was looking for, map_type. Thanks again GMM!

I think you will like the program to play with then it's done.
  Details E-Mail

Messages 1 - 45 of 57
First | Prev. | 1 2 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+12 new in 7 days!

137,923 Posts
+63 new in 7 days!

13,450 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

Skybase, 7 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter