Login - Create Account

When Searching for filters nothing comes up...

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Affinity Jack
Graphics-Animation Artist

In Filter Forge 6.006 Pro "macOS Sierra" When Searching for filters nothing comes up for what I am looking for? I have many filters with "rivets" in the keywords. What am I doing wrong?

Pulling my hair out big time... smile:?:

Thank you,
Jack...
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 75
Yeah same here. Seems like search isn't working.
  Details E-Mail
Affinity Jack

Yup now I hope this is seen and a fix soon.... it's useless without the search option!
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim
So Called Tortured Artist

Filters: 73
I did not think that Search has worked in the "obsolete" filter browser for a while. Search works fine on the web. Also, if you Cancel the search and click another category, sometimes you get this on the Mac and the browser closes when you hit OK:

Math meets art meets psychedelia.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Oh I was talking about the search in the program. Wasn't really talking about the website.
  Details E-Mail
Affinity Jack

As for me too... Searching from the filter forge app...
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

To clarify, I understood that you were talking about the built-in filter browser. It is marked as Obsolete, but it is the best way to load multiple filters at a time. GMM, can the search part of the built-in browser be fixed?
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I'm pretty sure we're both talking about the search filters function.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Never mind me... they should both be fixed. smile:bunny:
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

This is what the issue looks like. I hit ENTER after each thing I type and yet nothing seems to come up.

Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Searching for pattern does find something on my Windows machine, so it may be a Mac-specific issue. I'll ask our tester to look into this on a Mac.
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
I'm afraid we are unable to reproduce it. Can anyone give more details on how to make search fail?

By the way, a user reported the issue can be fixed by removing Search.xml from the FF6 folder.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I just tried deleting search.xml from the application support folder but it appears to fail still. smile:( No luck getting it to work and I'm not even sure what's stopping the search from working. I did update to the latest version but this appears not to have resolved anything yet.
  Details E-Mail
Affinity Jack

No problems from My end macOS 10.12.4
Maybe reindexing? it worked for me...
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Skybase, what is your macOS version ?
  Details E-Mail
Affinity Jack

Sorry I jumped the gun! Not working for me either smile:evil:
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I'm using macOS Sierra on a MacBook Pro late 2016.

Affinity Jack, Yours seems to get somewhere though. Mine doesn't even display results.
  Details E-Mail
Affinity Jack

Strange... smile:!:
  Details E-Mail
Affinity Jack

I guess this problem isn't a priority smile:(
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

I guess this problem isn't a priority smile:(

More like they can't reproduce the error.

I can't even "reproduce" the problem, it just doesn't work straight out of a fresh install. So I'm stuck giving any indication of how or why this isn't behaving correctly.

If people are reading this, please let me know if there's anything I can do to test something out so we can least narrow down the problem. There are a number of issues I'm running into using FilterForge 6 on the Mac including a super sluggish interface which I reported earlier.

It appears part of it is specific to the Macbook Pro 2016. Not sure how that changes anything.
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
I really don't know what to ask you to test. We don't have any Macbooks 2016 but search is working on all our Macs. Did you try to remove search indexes from the application support folder?
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Darn, I'm sorry I should have dropped a response here. Yes I tried removing search indexes from the application support folder but to no avail and I've probably done this 3 or 4 times before.
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
The devs modified something in the filter search module. I can't guarantee these changes have fixed your issue but feel free to install FF7 and check it over.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+6 new last day!

137,913 Posts
+13 new last day!

13,449 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

13 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter