Login - Create Account

Kitbashing professional 3D models greeble to use with FF 3D textures

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
I have found this excellent 3D modeller artist that is selling these very well done and professionally crafted and created 3D models of cables, tubes, knobs, and many other things for a low price

And you may be able to use if you want some of the 3D Filter Forge textures to be applied to the surface of these lovely 3D models.

These can be very good to add more details to your own creations, and act as a greeble construction kit, or for whatever you may want.

It has really a great potential and gives lots of possible uses.

Mark Van Haitsma kitbashing and greeble 3D objects

The one of 50$ includes all of the complete set instead of buying them separate

MORE ADDITIONAL REFERENCES TO THIS TOPIC

Here is also another website that offer this kind of things

Meshwaver.com

and in DAZ 3D store you can find this

Nurnies Greebles Parts and Pieces

Or this other excellent quality and creative industrial 3d Models

Brain Machine Greeble Kit

See the catalogue for a detailed preview or the video

If you want to know more about this you can search for

Google images kitbashing 3d greeble

In this search there are a lot of references and interesting things

For example this great and well done kit for only 7$

GREEBLES KITBASH Set is composed by 53 original pieces for kitbashing your models

Here are large images showing what it contains

GREEBLES KITBASH in Artstation

If you use Modo 3D software there is also the following

Model Bashing kit

and if you want to see what is included you can see this link

Luxology Bashes Hell out of Modeling with New modo Bashing Kit

or see this

Google images search of Modo Model Bashing kit
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 75
Kitbashing's great. It gets stuff done quickly and saves you from getting frustrated and annoyed. I think Daz3D / Vue follow the principle of assembly-based 3D scene construction. Model bashing is a bit more specific to modeling... buildings, facades etc.

I personally think you should try it as well. All you need is a sense of design and style. Model bashing / Kit bashing is EASY. Somebody else did the hard work for you. You just have to worry about design.
  Details E-Mail
CorvusCroax
CorvusCroax

Filters: 17
Kitbashing is a long and venerable tradition:
The Dropship from Aliens: kitbashed by James Cameron from a UH-Huey model.
Tons of parts from the original Star Wars spaceships were partially kit bashed.

Skybase, you should add Bad King to your list, especially if you're talking about Zbrush stuff. He's excellent. Start here:
http://www.badking.com.au/site/produc...fi-models/

Great technology stuff, mechanical parts, etc. Note that some of it is listed as 'custom brushes' since they're organized as a Zbrush 'brush' i.e. not a 'model'.

http://www.badking.com.au/site/produc...es/page/2/
http://www.badking.com.au/site/shop/o...rush-pack/

He even did a 'monster parts' project a while back:

He also has lots of textures, which could be used Filter Forge particles, then used as an alpha map.
http://www.badking.com.au/site/produc...lpha-maps/
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Wow, thanks very much for the useful and very good link you have given ,CorvusCroax, interesting, I have never used Zbrush, although i have always wanted to try it since long time ago

i have another very good professional of kit bashing with years of experience and working for very important companies is called vitalybulgarov.com 3D kitbash store

This store is really well worth to see with great professional and high

For even much more results and further sources you can make a google search with the words mechanical kitbash parts and will get a lot of results

Please, if someone else knows any other good source of 3D kit bash parts is welcome to put it here
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

And As the above one is paid, here are also some well done and good parts that are free thanks to Nick Govacko

Free parts made by Nick Govacko

Also is good to search in google for machinery kitbash parts
  Details E-Mail
CorvusCroax
CorvusCroax

Filters: 17
Zbrush is incredibly powerful, but also very idiosyncratic. I'd definitely recommend it for people who want to take their digital art to the next level. But you'll need to spend some quality time learning it. I'd recommend the Gnomon zbrush videos and Digital Tutors.

It has some real powerful synergies with FF, btw. Especially with loading channels and creating materials. They play pretty nice with one another, IMHO.
  Details E-Mail
LexArt
LexArt

Thanks very much SpaceRay and CorvusCroax, all this links seems very interesting and useful, like them much, and I did not know anything about this kit bashing
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I have seen that if you make a search in google with only the following words

Gumroad kitbash

You will get lots of links for kitbash elements and 3d models pieces, that some are free, and most others cost cheap between 5$ - 15$

If you only want to have free ones you can add the word FREE to the above search
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I have found this other kitbash 3D models available in this website

http://www.xpolygon.com/

Will put more as I have found even more but need to search for the links
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Have found this article about highly professional artists that make and use Kitbash

3D artist magazine interview
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,456 Registered Users
+6 new last day!

137,906 Posts
+21 new last day!

13,448 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

8 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter