Login - Create Account

Alpha without transparency

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
maewyn
Hello. Can I export texture with alpha but without transparency? When I exporting texture with transparency FF cutting data from rgb channels...That's bad variant for me, f. e. substance designer allows to do what I need, but I don't want resave all textures from FF through designer(((
Second question what I have, can I use one filter result as input for another filter?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
maewyn wrote:
Can I export texture with alpha but without transparency?

Sorry that I do not understand what you mean, because for me the alpha is always the transparency part, and I did not know that there could be an alpha without transparency. Can you explain more and give some possible example?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
maewyn wrote:
can I use one filter result as input for another filter?

Do you mean as a rendered ouput? I mean that you use the rendered output as input ?

Or do you mean using the filter itself inside the filter editor?
  Details E-Mail
maewyn
SpaceRay wrote:
Sorry that I do not understand what you mean, because for me the alpha is always the transparency part, and I did not know that there could be an alpha without transparency. Can you explain more and give some possible example?

hey, thank you for your answer) I attached archive with to files, first saved in SD and second in FF. They both have alpha channel but for example in unity looks different (without transparent mode). In my unity shader I really see rgb data outside centre contour in first case...But in preview in explorer or some programs like gimp they looks similar xD))

https://yadi.sk/d/h61cGx6w3QkS79

SpaceRay wrote:
Do you mean as a rendered ouput? I mean that you use the rendered output as input ?
Or do you mean using the filter itself inside the filter editor?

I would like to have rendered output from one filter with baked diffuse and normalmap as input for another filter. Looking for a way do this without saving texture))
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Indeed you can have a rendered output as a source image for another filter. Just press Ctrl+C to copy the result, select a new filter and press Ctrl+V.

Sorry, I have nothing to say about the alpha without transparency. You could probably try another format (PNG vs TIFF vs OpenEXR).
  Details E-Mail
maewyn
GMM wrote:
Indeed you can have a rendered output as a source image for another filter. Just press Ctrl+C to copy the result, select a new filter and press Ctrl+V.

Ok. Thank you. We can have only one copied image inside filter? And can we do automatic action which copy render result after any changes in filter?
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
I'm not sure I understand your question but if you need to automate something you may be interested in our batch renderer instead.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+13 new in 7 days!

137,919 Posts
+6 new last day!

13,450 Topics
+9 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

6 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter