Login - Create Account

Particle Adapter

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

Filters: 320
When we connect an Image with the Particle Adapter, the Particle Adapter deforms the Image.

The Image is generally used only to color the particles.

In the Bomber+ the color of the particles is inserted directly and only in the Particle plug. This gives the problem that the result is deformed and mirrored

In the normal Bomber we have the chance to use the Particle plug and also the Tint Color plug to add color in different way to the particles.
Wouldn't be possible to reintroduce the Tint Color plug also in Bomber+?
Practically having a Bomber+ handling the color like the Bomber but still having some of the options of the Bomber+, like the Randomizer.
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim
So Called Tortured Artist

Filters: 73
I agree, sometimes the Particle Adapter is difficult to deal with or use. In several of my Bomber+ filters I add a Portrait/Landscape checkbox that allows the PA to be bypassed, which allows the filter to be "submitable". A workaround, I guess. Some of this comes down to a tiling philosophy in FF which mandates square images.

I think the philosophy of Bomber+ was to put more of the variations, like tint, up to the programmer. One of the powerful things that you can do with Bomber+ is use the original image for each brush stroke, not a solid color. I did this in Detail Painter. Then for each brush stroke using the original image, I used Randomizers to allow a range of Hue, Saturation, and Lightness variation for each stroke. Very powerful, but all up to the programmer.

*** maybe this belongs in feature requests?! ***
Math meets art meets psychedelia.
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim
So Called Tortured Artist

Filters: 73
GMM please move this to the Feature Wishlist. Thanks. You did this on Monday, but the change was probably lost in the system update.
Math meets art meets psychedelia.
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Done. You're right: unfortunately the page move and a few posts were lost on Monday.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Ramlyn wrote:
Wouldn't be possible to reintroduce the Tint Color plug also in Bomber+?
Practically having a Bomber+ handling the color like the Bomber but still having some of the options of the Bomber+, like the Randomizer.

If this is the request?

I am not sure if it would help, but now I remember that there was already a thread about this and there was a possible filter solution available

What happens with the Tint of the bomber plus? is not included
  Details E-Mail
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

Hi SpaceRay. I explain my idea.

I make a simple example composed of a normal Bomber and a Bomber+.
The settings are the sames for both bombers.

As image, I use a white rectangle with two blue stars, so that it is easy to understand what happens.

I firstly show the normal Bomber :

Details E-Mail
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

As you see, the normal Bomber correctly reproduces the image.

But when I connect the Bomber+, the result is this :

Details E-Mail
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

This problem is not caused by the Bomber+ itself, but by the Particle Adapter.
As you can see below, if I jump the Particle Adapter and I connect directly the Image, the result is correct.
The problem is that I get an error message.

Details E-Mail
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

Then... how to avoid both the wrong result and the error message?

As you see, when we directly connect an image with a bomber, no matter it is a Bomber+ or a normal Bomber, we get the error.

Details E-Mail
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

This means that, if we don't want that FF Team has to completely remake the Bomber and Bomber+ system, we should find a way for connecting the Image without passing through the Particle plug. Otherwise we will always get the Image deformed by the Particle Adapter.

As I was explaining the beginning of this thread, the Image is generally only used to add color to the particles.
Then, wouldn't be possible to simply reintroduce the Tint input also in the Bomber+ ?

This would allow us to still use the set "Image + Particle Adapter + Center X + Center Y + Lookup", if we want, or to simply plug the Image in the Tint, like we have in the normal Bomber.
  Details E-Mail
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

The Bomber+ has very interesting characteristics and it is a pity that it may give deformed results caused by the Particle Adapter.

Recently I've added to some of my filters a Scale component after the Bomber+.
Using the controls Scale and Squash is possible to bring the image back to its original size. But this is not precise, and it also deforms the shape of the particles.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,448 Registered Users
+17 new in 7 days!

137,863 Posts
+16 new last day!

13,443 Topics
+5 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

6 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter