Login - Create Account

More Advanced Lighting

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Haras Arch
Hara's Crown
Does anyone have suggestions for software (not Photoshop) that would allow one to take tifs from FF that have textured/3D characteristics and apply different lighting techniques? I like the lighting choices that FF already has, but would like to experiment more. (Cheap -- under $50 -- and free software suggestions would be nice.)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
you can make your own HDRI lighting in FF, if you want. Paint Shop Pro also has a simple "illumination" feature that I use to re-light things at times. other than those, in that price range, I don't know.
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Haras Arch
Hara's Crown
I thought about putting the picture on a cube in Blender or similar program and then playing with the lighting there, but I don't know enough (yet) to do so. I think you can do various light tricks with RawTherapee but haven't used it much.

What about programs that cost more?
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
if you look back in some of the old threads, some of the guys used to apply textures to spheres in Blender or one of the other 3d programs and then post the pictures here. they were always fascinating.
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+12 new in 7 days!

137,923 Posts
+63 new in 7 days!

13,450 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

9 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter