Login - Create Account

Installing New or Beta Version - Should older version be uninstalled?

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
kbryan
When installing a new or Beta version of Filter Forge, should the old version be uninstalled? Does it overwrite/upgrade older versions or is a new separate version installed? What is the best practice? Thank you.
kbryan
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
it is really a totally new software that is independent from any other version, it will not overwrite the old version, this only happens with he same version number

The licenses and software are each one separate for each version, and can be installed together

I have FF 4.0, FF 5.0 and FF 6.0 in the same computer and same hard drive without problem, they do not share the filters or any other files

So if you want to install another version with different number, you do not have to uninstall any other older version
  Details E-Mail
kbryan
Thank you for your help! smile:)
kbryan
  Details E-Mail
Bookwormious
But what would happen, if I do uninstall FF 4 and FF 5, when I get FF 7?
I keep buying the next update and at present have FF 4, FF 5 and FF 6 on my laptop. But I also have quite a lot of other stuff (and really many FF filters) on my machine, so am afraid of running out of space. Will removing the oldest version of FilterForge effect the newest and perhaps even prevent it from working?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Bookwormious wrote:
Will removing the oldest version of FilterForge effect the newest and perhaps even prevent it from working

As far as I know from my personal experience there is no problem removing any older version of FIlter Forge, because they have individual and separate files, filters, presets, etc. so there is no connection between any version with another version, either newer or older

I have also FF 4, FF 5, FF 6 and FF 7 beta and there is no problem between them.
  Details E-Mail
Bookwormious
Thank you ever so much for answering me smile:)
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+12 new in 7 days!

137,926 Posts
+7 new last day!

13,450 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 15 minutes:

21 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter