Messages 181 - 225 of 234
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 
Login or Register to post new topics or replies
aba
Batchman
Hi SpaceRay,

sel ect a source image in the source node
check the output directory in the output node
sel ect a filter (click on select a filter in the filter node) and preset (default the 1st preset) in the filternode
click on the Filter Stack window-tab

drag a new filternode in the filterstack window (fr om left toolbar)
click on output fr om source node an drag it to the image input of the new filternode
select a filter/preset in the new filternode
click on the Filter Stack window-tab

repeat the last 4 steps as often as you wish. zooming in and out can be done with your mouse-wheel

you can save this stack (toolbar button Stack control Save) if you want to reuse it or change it or whatever.

then click on Run and check the output settings (image output format etc.)
then click Execute batch or click Testdrive to make small images as test-output.

Never tried it with 64 filters, it should work but you will be the first one to test that..
Good luck...
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Thanks very much for the detailed answer and explaining it well, now I understand and will try to do it as you have put here
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 79
We could use more examples here, no?

One technical thing: I used the batch tool to create an animated gif. I also used GIMP to create essentially the same animated gif. GIMP's algorithm must be more efficient, since the file size was about 1/3 of that fr om the batch tool.
...which just happened to be important here since the FF forums have a file size lim it.

(ignore the spaces in 'fr om' and 'lim it')

Animation: 32 dots, 256 frames, 256x256 px

...or something like that.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
That is a very hypnotic animation...
The animated gif part in the batch tool is created with an old open-source program. I don't think it has any optimalisation, it works, never looked into the code just legally "borrowed" it. It is good to know that GIMP makes "smaller" animated gifs.
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
The program never seems to open and displays this message instead:

As a first-time user or after resetting the user preferences, please check the Filter Forge version at the Preferences tab.

I checked the preferences in FF and its at version 5.009

Edit: umm maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the message, as being to check them in filterforge itself.
I cant run the batch tool after that message, so I can't change which filterforge is loaded., I have both 4 and 5 installed btw, and I'm on Windows 10. Tried to run as admin and also in windows 7 and 8 compatibility modes.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi Tuxmask75,
it is difficult to guess why the program does not work on your PC. FF4 + FF5 is ok, Windows 10 is ok. You could try to delete all files in the appdata directory, that looks like:
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge BatchTool\..
The batch program should create a Settings.xml file in that directory. If deleting all files in that directory doesn't work, than you can send me your Settings.xml file
In the case of FF5 the Settings.xml should have the entries:
Code
  <FFexecFilePath>C:\Program Files (x86)\Filter Forge 5\Bin\FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe</FFexecFilePath>
  <FFVersion>Filter Forge 5</FFVersion>
and
  <userStoragesXmlFilePath>C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge 5\System\UserStorages.xml</userStoragesXmlFilePath>
  <positionsXmlFilePath>C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge 5\System\Positions.xml</positionsXmlFilePath>

Hope this helps
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
The folder is empty except for a folder called BatchFilterStacks which is also empty.
I tried to delete it and well it deletes fine , than I run the batch tool and the folder comes back again as is expected, I have my folder options set to show hidden files ect.
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
Okay so yeah, I installed Filterforge 5.007 and than updated to 5.009 on another computer ( my laptop) , and tried the batch tool and it does the same thing. in addition: its now saying that it can't find FF4 components installed in 2 separate pop up warning windows.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
If you can find the Settings.xml then can send it to me, then I can try to edit it manually to FF5. Strange that you're the only one with that problem (or you're the only user:)). Did the program work with FF 5.007 on your laptop? Did you install FF5 in the default way, or did you change the location for FF while installing?
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
Hmm,, yeah I installed it with default everything on the laptop.
it seems that the settings.xml is not generating at all. unless its generating in some other areas other than: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge BatchTool\
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
I'm sorry Tuxmask75 I have no idea what causes the problem smile:?: . Maybe your user doesn't have enough rights, maybe the batchprogram is in a sandbox, maybe some security issue, I really don't know. You could try to put the batchprogram in an other directory (e.g. C:\FFB\ ). If others are reading this post and have had a similar problem, please let us know.
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
Okay so I got the BatchTool to work on the laptop, and than the desktop !
Here's what I did ,,, I installed Filter Forge 4 after Filter Forge 5 and the tool booted up. I changed the preferences to FF5 within the batch tool.

I than copied the settings file from C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge BatchTool\.. from the laptop to the desktop and it worked.

Recap!
On the desktop I already had FF4 and FF5 installed but the tool did not want to generate any settings file.
On the laptop FF5 was the only app installed( and the Batch tool didn't care), but when FF4 was installed after FF5, the tool seemed to like that for some odd reason.

I really love the batch tool ! Its a real life savor ! I really wish that FF would include a batch tool with such a nice user friendly interface as part of FilterForge's main interface to batch filters! (the FF batch scripting is nice and all but I think a lot of us art guys don't care much for coding)
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
I'm very glad that you solved the problem. It may help other users. I don't have the time to investigate it, so it is good to know that there is a workaround. It is good to hear that you like my batchtool! And yes, FF should include a feature like this but I don't think they will.
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
I'm wondering, is there any way to have multiple output directories ?
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
No, that is not possible. Why?
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
So I could batch multi filters at once.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
You don't need multiple output directories for that. Multiple filters (even with the same source) can render to one output directory. The names of the generated output images will tell you by which filter they are rendered.
  Details E-Mail
Leto II
Usal
Much searching found me this tool and thanks heaps.

However I had a similar issue to Tuxmask75 Personally FF5 is my first product so no ff4 files on my machine.

I tried to launch FFbatch tool a couple of times and it kept on crashing after looking for C:\Users\Alec Baldwin\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge 4\System\Library (yes Alec Baldwin)
and C:\Users\Alec Baldwin\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge 4\bin\FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe.

Solution manually create the Filter Forge 4\system\library dir
and
manually create the Filter Forge 4/bin dir and copy the cmdrenderer from ff5 into it.

ffbatch tool only seamed to want to see the ff4 dir and exe path on first boot and then you can change the version.

I had to go this route because I couldn't find a ff4 demo to install
Fear is the mind killer
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi Alec smile:). Thanks for your post, you nailed the bug! After a few days/weeks I will publish a new version (too busy now). In the mean time people could use your work-around if they are new FF users.
  Details E-Mail
crasse
Hi there !

first thanks you Aba for your batch tool, it's working really great ! I've used it to batch render Rendered 3D image sequence of more than 1300 images, and it did during the night without a bug, a crash or anything, works perfect ! smile:)

However I'm trying to do a simple thing, and didn't find a way yet to do it :

I use a filter called "Paint HDRist" by lipebianc, and in this filter, there is a bomber node.
I added a intSlider to the variation Pin, and I was wondering if it was possible to render each image of my sequence with a different/random value for this IntSlider Parameter using the batch tool ?

I've seen that it's possible to render all values of the intSlider for each image (so rendering 100 duplicata of each image with a different intSlider value for each one if the intSlider have value from 0 to 99 for example). But is it possible, instead, to render each image just once but with a different/random value of the IntSlider for each image, in other words, to "animate/randomize" the intSlider value along the image sequence rendering process?
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi crasse, you could alter the filter and make the int value dependent on (a function of) the input image.

Or as ThreeDee wrote:

There are some workarounds to get the batch process to produce a different result each time on moving footage, but they involve modifying the filter itself.

One approach is to read a specific pixel (or the average color, minimum or maximum value of external image) fr om the input image (which changes from frame to frame) and use that value to modify something in the filter. A relatively simple method would be to offset a noise component somewh ere in the filter. That would already give different results for each frame.

Modifying specific aspects of a filter based on (small random variations in the) input may well be better than getting a completely random variation on every frame, which may turn into something resembling random noise on playback.
  Details E-Mail
crasse
Hi !

thanks for your answer smile:)

That's exactly what i'm trying to do, but I didn't find anyway or any node that have a grey (single value) output to connect to the variation pin (Actually I'm trying to connect something to the variation pin of bomber node and a perlin noise node).

It seems that all FF nodes outputs are only green "type", there is nothing to export values read from an input image (like average R, V or B values, or even image size in pixels, or anything) there is nothing provided to store a numeric value somewh ere in the "blueprint".

should I look at scripting inside FF or is this a dead end for this matter ?

However I looked into scripting in FF, and find out that (If i'm not wrong) I can't even create a simple script to output random values (within a defined range for example using Math.random and so on)
because I can only create script nodes that output Curves and Map, not Values ? that's weird... as it's really basic.

Did I missed something ?
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi Crasse, as far as I know you can only connect Controls to the gray input types. But I have never looked into that. I think it is better to ask that question in a new thread, I can't help you with this. I would try to vary the filter not with variation or integer values but with a "geen" value. Would like to know if you find a solution.
  Details E-Mail
crasse
Hi !

thanks for your advices ! smile:)

I've tried a lot around the "green" inputs of the bomber, but definitly the best result in animated sequence (to prevent simulate a frame by frame drawn/paint animated sequence) is to manipulate the variation parameter (of the bomber and perlin noise) on each rendered image (this way the bomber refresh its pattern each frame, and the noises doesn't stay static, evn offseting them isn't that nice to see on animated frames) -> variation is the best way. And also, trying to simulate seed randomness with green inputs maybe can work, but It's not very efficient for rendertime, compared to just refreshing/randomizing seeds/variation.

I found maybe another workaround for this matter (doesn't work currently) but may be the easiest way.

It's to play with the randomizer function of FF inside your batch tool.
I create an intSlider connected to the Bomber and perlin noise variation pin (to create a parameter in the filter parameter list)
Then lock every other parameters to prevent them to being randomized by the randomizer and then come the Batch tool -> would it be possible to make it "hit" randomize (or run it) each time it render a new image ?

Of course the easiest way would be to modify the IntSlider Control node, and replace the user controlled value by a Math.random function, but FF doesn't seems to be oriented this way.
I'm still pretty surprised that FF value component are that restricted, I use often VVVV, pure data, and the Xpresso interface within C4d (even a bit of the UE4 blueprint interface) all of them are node system too, and provides those simple math nodes, that are really basic and very useful.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
would it be possible to make it "hit" randomize (or run it) each time it render a new image ?

Sorry, I don't think that that is possible, as far as I know all the variables have a fixed value when using the batch version of FF. But I'm not a FF expert, if you start a new topic then maybe ThreeDee or someone else can help you with this. I am convinced that there must be a way to implement randomization inside a filter. I hope that you find a way to implement it, I think that more users would like to know how.
  Details E-Mail
crasse
okay, i'll do that ! thanks for your help smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Hello, aba, I have just seen that the download link for the tool is not working anymore and I wonder if it is hosted somewhere else, or how can it be downloaded?

I think this is really awesome, amazing and very useful and well done, and do not want to miss it

Thanks
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi, SpaceRay. Please try this new link to download the batchtool. I did not have the time to make a new version, so nothing has changed, but the old link will not work anymore.

I hope this link works: FFBatchTool (zip in DropBox)
  Details E-Mail
mizawa90
Hi, SpaceRay. Please try this new link to download the batchtool. I did not have the time to make a new version, so nothing has changed, but the old link will not work anymore.

I hope this link works: FFBatchTool (zip in DropBox)

Hello, aba, the link in dropbox already gone, can you provide new link?

Thanks
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi Mizawa90
You could try FFBatchTool in DropBox. Something has changed with public folders in Dropbox, I hope this will work.

I don't think there are active users of this tool left and I don't have the licence for the latest FF version, so I don't plan to update my program. But you can try it if you like. Have fun with it smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Mascarponi
Hi Aba,

Thanks a lot for your FFBatchTool! Its very intuitive and saves up a lot of time.
I used to use it about 2 years ago, which (i remembered) worked quiet well back then.
However, lately i wanted to give this tool a try again, but unfortunately i got some problems running it.

I tried it on 2 computers now (both Win7), and on the first computer it isn't even starting up. (looks almost the same like the problem Tuxmask75 got). There isn't a .xml in the FFBatchtool folder in the AppData\Roaming folder.

On my 2nd computer the program starts up fine, but when trying to 'execute batch' or 'testdrive' it, it opens the CMD window, but does nothing. The output folder opens up but is empty. I tried different outputs folders, settings etc, but it doesn't seems that it wants to render a file. However there is a batch.xml file made in the temp folder.

Do you know what could be the problem here?

Thanks a lot in advance.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi Mascarponi, are you still using FF 4 and/or 5? Do you use the standard install of filterforge (not installing on other drives/folders)?

You will find a new version for the batchtool that will only work with FF5 in this link: BatchTool v1.1 (only for FF5)

I hope it resolves the bug that Tuxmask75 found.
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
Aww man that sucks you don't have FF6! was looking forward to the updated batch tool too.
  Details E-Mail
Mascarponi
I'm still using the FilterForge 4 version, it's installed in the standard folder; C:\Program Files (x86)

I'd like to try the new version, but unfortunately i don't have FF5.
Is there a way to make it run with FF4, or a way to run the old batchtool properly?
I recently got a Windows crash log, would this be of any help?
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
@Tuxmask75 Upgrading FF to version 6 is too expensive for me smile:(

@Mascarponi You could try an older version: Batchtool v0.99 (only for FF4)
  Details E-Mail
Mascarponi
Is there an easy way to update from FF4 to FF5?
I'd like to update to 6 also, but if the batchtool doesn't work with it, it don't see a good reason..
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi Mascarponi, If v0.99 version of the tool doesn't work with FF4 than I don't think the v1.1 version will work with FF5 on your PC. I think there is something wrong with the software installation, user rights or maybe a problem with win7. Updating FF4 to FF5 is expensive if at all possible, the latest version is FF6 and the tool won't certainly work with FF6 (maybe until I found a sponsor). I don't have a FF4 version anymore and I have not heard of the problems you have with the tool previously so it is not easy to help you. Maybe it helps if you describe the problem again when you use v0.99 of my previous post.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 249
aba wrote:
the latest version is FF6 and the tool won't certainly work with FF6 (maybe until I found a sponsor)

I still have plenty to help in that area.... smile;) smile:) ..All in the name of progress... smile:D
Sent you a mail..
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
It looks like there will be a new Batchtool version for FF6 very soon smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Mascarponi
Nice, we'll be waiting patiently smile:)
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
The batchtool for FF6 (only the 64bits version) is downloadable from my dropbox: FFBatchTool v1.2 for FF6-x64

And thanks again to CFandM who made this possible!
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

aba wrote:
The batchtool for FF6 (only the 64bits version) is downloadable from my dropbox: FFBatchTool v1.2 for FF6-x64

And thanks again to CFandM who made this possible!

smile:beer: smile:hammer: smile:loveff:
  Details E-Mail
Tuxmask75
Just learning FF
Thaks CFandM and ada! You both kick so much ass !
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Tuxmask75 wrote:
Thaks CFandM and ada! You both kick so much ass !

smile:loveff:
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks very much CFandM for your help to aba and be able to have this awesome and very useful and helpful tool for FF 6
  Details E-Mail

Messages 181 - 225 of 234
First | Prev. | 2 3 4 5 6 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+6 new last day!

137,913 Posts
+13 new last day!

13,449 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

8 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter