Messages 46 - 90 of 234
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 
Login or Register to post new topics or replies
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Skybase
You don't have to tell me about emulation options, I know them, I own Parallels

Good to know and you are lucky and fortunate to have it, so if you wanted you could use any Windows software, but this does not mean that you have to use it, and of course you are free to use it or not, and no one will force you.

Skybase
Now I'm unable to spare further resources for emulation in general. Since I'm very prolific on these forums, I thought I'd just let aba know that I'm just unavailable

Oh, I see and understand, is not that you can´t use and test it because it is a windows software, is because in this moment you are very busy with other things and you do not want to use the emulation, which is of course respectable and good, and I agree.

Skybase
Which is why I stated "I can't". I don't think it was clear enough.

Skybase
... psst I'm a mac user, I just can't test anything.

If you right this that you can´t test anything because you are a mac user, for me it means that you can´t use it because this is a Windows software only, and maybe you do not have any Windows emulator and do not want to use it.

But as you have explained it now, is clear
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Fr om Page 1 of this thread

Sharandra

It ignores the size settings for texture and renders in 600x600 instead

Although this is true for the latest v.07 version, is does not mean that you can´t tell FFBatchGUI what resolution you want for your texture render result, because although you can´t use "texture (no input image)" option, you STILL can use the "single image" to load an image with the final resolution that you want, and so the tool will use this resolution to build the result of the texture filter, and do not care of what is inside the source image, just and only take the resolution data information. This also works well in the same way with multiple image sources with "all images from a directory"

SpaceRay

ALSO POSSIBLY USE THIS AS A BENCHMARK TOOL?

SUGGESTION TO BE ABLE TO SHOW THE RENDERING TIME IN SOME WAY OR HAVE A LOG TEXT WITH THEM

After making the above test shown above and you can get different resolutions from the same texture filter, I had the idea that this tool could also be used as a FF render speed benchmark tool too if there could be some way to know how much time does it take to render each of the images with the given resolution.

Maybe the best way would be to have a log file that could include the file name of the processed image (this already includes the filter and preset used) and then the resolution it has and the time taken by FF to render it.

FF software already has a chronometer that shows the time taken to render the result, although I do not know if it would be possible for the FFBatchGUI to read and get this information from FF or also maybe the chronometer does not work in FF when used with the FF command line renderer

After having made this suggestion on page 1 of this thread I thought that maybe this could be done modifying the batch file, and had a surprise when I deleted the start"" from the batch file to include more commands AND when running the batch it appeared the render result time

The batch must look like this

Code
"C:\Program Files (x86)\_Photographics\Filter Forge 4\Bin\FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe" "G:\Filter Forge Results\FFBatchGUI_Result\Batch\batch.xml"
pause

The only difference is that I deleted the start "" and added pause in the next line

The pause is only to see the time in the DOS screen without it closing, but would be better to take this time and put it in a text log file so you can take out the pause

Here below is a screenshot of the DOS windows wh ere is shown the rendered time result

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

HAVE FOUND A NEW BUG

Code
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.
Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at FFBatchGUI.FFBatchGUI.Run(FilterStack runFilterStack)
   at FFBatchGUI.FFBatchGUI.CreateAndExecuteBatchButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

This is what I have done to get this error - 1 Source image with 6 filters applied to the same image with default preset

1 - Sel ect the first filter fr om Effects --->Photo -->Angel
2 - Select only the default preset
3 - Use a single image as source
4 - Go to stack control and click on add filter
5 - Select second filter fr om Effects --->Photo -->Glow
6 - Select only the default preset
7 - On source image select "same input as previous filter" and then choose previous filter "Angel"
8 - Go to stack control and click on add filter
9 - Repeat steps 5 until 8 until you have a stack control with six different filters (change the filter on step 5)
10 - Go to Run Batch and choose output images as .JPG to a defined source directory output
11 Click on "Create and execute Batch"

You will get the message shown above and here below too

I have tested this 4 times, and all the four times gave me the same error.

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I have also tested the above bug when selecting "all images fr om a directory" instead of using just a single image and I get the same error message, so it happen with single and multiple images sources.

I have also tested this selecting 6 different filters from the "Texture" part wh ere they do not depend on any external image, and it happens the same as the one above.

Also I forgot to tell what are the FFBatchGUI settings I am using, if this could perhaps be important

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I am testing many different possible combinations, specially the ones I have already suggested on page 1 of this thread, and see if they work right and well, then I will make a list with them and put it here.

I have seen also that the tool overwrites any result that has the same name, and does not check if there is already a file saved with the same name.

ABOUT SHOWING THE TIME TAKEN TO RENDER

I have already suggested above to show the time that it takes to render each one, and now instead of using only one, I have made 5 presets from a filter and I got each one of the render time result for each task, although I do not know yet how to make that this is written to a log file

5 presets of 1 filter render times

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

CONTINUE WITH SAME BUG AS ABOVE

I get the same error message as already shown in the post above when I choose the following settings

1 source image - 5 filters - 1 Preset each one - NO
1 source image - 5 filters - All presets for each one - NO
9 source images - 3 filters - 1 Preset each one - NO
9 source images - 5 filters - 1 Preset each one - NO

THE GOOD NEWS

The below settings works well without error

1 source image - 1 filter - 1 preset..... YES
1 source image - 1 filter - 5 preset..... YES
1 source image - 1 filter - All presets...YES
9 source image - 1 filter - 1 preset ....YES
9 source image - 1 filter - all presets (8 presets) ...YES
9 source image - 2 filters - 1 preset each one...YES
9 source images - 2 filters - All preset each one (18 presets)....YES
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi SpaceRay & Sharandra Thanks for testing!

I solved the bugs you found, hope I didn't miss one.

SUGGESTION TO BE ABLE TO SHOW THE RENDERING TIME IN SOME WAY OR HAVE A LOG TEXT WITH THEM

I tried it, it was possible but somehow it slowed down the rendering-process, so I won't implement it, sorry. You already found a work-around, can't make it better.

Thumbnails are difficult to decode for me, I would like to implement them but it has to wait (if ever).

I was very disappointed to hear from the filter forge team that they don't even consider to give me a discount on upgrading to FF4 for this tool. smile:(

But I won't let you down. I changed the tool so that it can work on FF3 also, I made it possible to use ColorMapControls as extra image inputs, animation now over IntSlider-, Slider-, Angle-, Color- and ColorMap-Controls.
A few changes in the interface (you can see which controls are used for animation and some other slight changes)

I changed the name from FFBatchGUI into FFBatchTool (Filter Forge Batch Tool). I also changed the way how you can download it, you now have to push a button on a simple web page.

I hope that I didn't introduce new bugs, but I had little time to test it all.

After a week or so, if we don't find any bugs, I will start a new thread, so the proper way to download will be at the first message and I can give the message a more compelling title.

Please download the current version at: FFBatchTool Downloadpage

I hope you can keep up the good work testing & commenting.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

aba
I was very disappointed to hear from the filter forge team that they don't even consider to give me a discount on upgrading to FF4 for this tool.

Well, I am not surprised, as it happened also with Morgantao and Saragani, the makers of FFCat filter catalog tool that they made free for FF and did not get nothing too

And do not know why they do not agree to put a general discount for upgrades for ANYONE, considering that they usually give a 40-70% discount for new users.

aba
But I won't let you down. I changed the tool so that it can work on FF3 also

Thanks a million, I can´t thank you enough for having made this awesome and amazing tool so well done with such amount of useful and varied features that allows to do a lot of different things in a very easy way.

Also good to know that it will also work now with FF 3.0 smile:)

I changed the name from FFBatchGUI into FFBatchTool (Filter Forge Batch Tool).

I agree and like the new name, and think is a better one

aba
I hope that I didn't introduce new bugs, but I had little time to test it all.

Well I will test it again as new, and will see if all works right and will tell you

Again thanks very much for making this great and very useful and time saving tool that lets you do MUCH MORE now with Filter Forge in a new way that was not possible before.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I am trying it now and now the following works well as before was not possible

1 source image - 5 filters - 1 Preset each one - YES
9 source images - 5 filters - 1 Preset each one - YES
9 source image - 5 filters - All presets for each one - YES

Also before when choosing a Texture filter and choosing in source image "texture (no input image)" and writing the resolution you want, it was ignoring the size, and now it works well, so is fixed also.

Will keep making more tests and put them here, but until now all works very well without problem.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

CHANGING MAIN FILTER SOURCE IMAGE WILL ALSO CHANGE THE LINKED STACK FILTERS TOO

One good thing that I like also is that if you choose in the first filter of the stack the source "single image" and then add more filters to the stack with the "same input as previous filter", and run the batch this way, and then after you can go to the first filter again and edit it to change the "single image" to "all images from a directory" and so all the others filters in the stack will be updated too without making anything else, because they are already configured to use "same input as previous filter"
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi, sooner as expected again a new version.. (0.85 beta)

Now with thumbnails !!!

@ SpaceRay: glad to hear that you like my batch-tool. Thanks for testing! & I hope you will test some more...

Creating the thumbnails will slowdown the startup of the tool. I have a very fast PC, if you think it's too slow, let me know (can make it optional)
  Details E-Mail
Sharandra
Filter Forge Addict

Filters: 26
Awesome! smile:D

But there is a small error preventing it to load thumbnails, it looks for a path on your computer not mine smile:D

Could not find a part of the path
"C:\Users\André\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge 4\System\Thumbnails\My Filters"

Code
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\André\AppData\Roaming\Filter Forge 4\System\Thumbnails\My Filters__Denim'.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at FFBatchTool.FilterThumbnails.GetAllThumbnails(String filterFilePath, Int32 numberOfPresets)
   at FFBatchTool.Filter..ctor(String filterPath, Settings settings)
   at FFBatchTool.FFBatchTool.FilterSelectionDataGridView_CellContentClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCommonCellContentClick(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean doubleClick)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.OnMouseUpInternal(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseUp(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
FFBatchTool
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.1
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Firedragon/Desktop/FFBatchTool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
1jbvzexf
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Sorry, please try again...
  Details E-Mail
Sharandra
Filter Forge Addict

Perfect! smile:D
So much easier to choose presets now!
I also love that you added animating sliders. I actually wanted to suggest that, but forgot smile:-)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

WOW!! You have added already the thumbnails !! I was not expecting that you could do it so fast, it seems that you are a professional programmer and really know much how to do things, and I admire your skills and knowledge about this.

I have tried it and works very well and like very much how you have added the thumbnails, and as Sharandra have said, now is so MUCH better and easier to choose any filter and the presets now, and it makes really a big difference, so now you do not have to remember and/or write somewhere which filter and what presets you wanted, just and simply go to your amazing FFBatchTool and select easily and visually what you want. GREAT!!!

You deserve a prize for making this excellent and very well done tool with so many features and lots of possible things that you can do with it.

Again Thanks a million for making this awesome, amazing and very useful, timesaving and well done tool that changes much the way Filter Forge can be used and opens a big wide new door for things that was not possible before, and knowing that they would not be possible either in the final version of FF 4.0

THE LITTLE BAD THING

When I started version 0.85 it told me that it was missing the path to Filter Forge 4 FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe, which is true because I do not have it in the default place, and is not wrong, BUT when I went to the preferences to configure and choose the real path for it, it KEEPS telling me that it could not find Filter Forge 4 FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe and then it forces me to use Filter Forge 3 as it seems to be the first default value, and then if I choose the Filter Forge 3 FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe it works right

I have to say that I have FF 4.0 in the same exactly same place as before, and FFBatch Tool 0.8 could find without any problem, and I do not know why now it says that it cant find it.

STEPS I DO TO REPRODUCE IT

When starting FFBatchTool it starts with the FF 3.0 configuration and if I try to change this to FF 4.0 it does not work

1 - After starting go to preference tab and choose and change to the right path to Filter Forge 4 FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe

2 - Then I go to Filter Forge Version menu above and then choose Filter Forge 4 Beta 2

3 - It shows the message that it does not find Filter Forge 4 FFXCmdRenderer-x86.exe, BUT not in the path I have given, it tries to find it in the original default path, and not in the new one.

4 - Goes back to the original Filter Forge 3 version BUT keeping the FF 4.0 path I have put so I have to change it back to the FF 3.0 path if I want to use it

Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi SpaceRay, again thanks for testing and your enthousiasm smile:)
Fixed it (I hope) version 0.86. Now online.

I solved one new bug (filename too long (path + filneame > 255)) in a quick way. Must think about a better way (how to name a image when its name will be too long). Also something not right when stacking with multiple imagemapinputs solved. So please use the new version: 0.88 Beta.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Thanks aba for this new version, I have been making some different test and without any problem.

I have not tried animation yet, and will do it.

aba
filename too long (path + filneame > 255

I suposse that you mean that using a source image that is stored inside "deep" in the hard drive, I mean inside many folders and/or having a long filename that is more than 255 characters.

Well I have not thought about this, and will try this also, as I have some of this images that have a very long name inside many subfloders, so will tell you if it works with them or not, although the solution for this problem is simple also, just move the files closer to a new folder near the root of the hard drive, so it will have a much shorter path.

USING DIFFERENT ANTIALIAS CONFIGURATIONS WITH FFBATCHTOOL

It seems that there is no way to change the antialias settings when you use FF Command Line Renderer, but does not mean that you can´t do it, as I have found a way to do it as alternative

I know that you can store many settings inside the FF filter preset as you can see in this thread here, and the Antialias (AA) setting is one of them inside the preset, so when using FF with your chosen filter, you can choose the level of antialiasing you want to have and then click on "upd ate preset" or make a new preset for this value, so when using the FF Command Line Renderer it will render and use it with that antialias se tting you have choosen.

And to avoid having to go back and forth with the AA settings, you can make a preset for each one of the AA settings that you want to test and as you can choose many different presets inside the FFBatchTool, you can batch process the result with all the AA setting that you want and then without waiting, you can review each one and see wich one gives you a better result
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi SpaceRay,

the filename can become very long when stacking filters and using multiple colormapinput-images. For now I pre-fixed the imagename with the number of the filter in the stack (if more than one filter in stack) and maximizing the filename with a warning _filename_too_long at the end. It's not very nice but I suppose it will do for now.

I could make it possible to change antialias/Ambient Occlusion settings in the batch for a filter. Maybe automaticaly switch it off for testdive. But I don't know if that is useful.
  Details E-Mail
Sharandra
Filter Forge Addict

You could let the user decide on the naming and what prefixes to use. Also, wether they should be prefixes or suffixes. Dunno if that would be complicated to implement, but it would be quite nice, saves renaming time. I guess everyone has their own naming conventions smile;-)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

aba
the filename can become very long when stacking filters and using multiple colormapinput-images

OH, I see that I was wrong as I thought it was the INPUT problem, and you are refering to OUTPUT filename can become long with the output path + filename + filter name + preset used

aba
I could make it possible to change antialias (AA) /Ambient Occlusion (AO) settings in the batch for a filter. Maybe automaticaly switch it off for testdive. But I don't know if that is useful.

Do you mean that you could put the menu of Filter-->Antialias menu options inside the FFBatchTool so you could choose yourself the Antialias setting inside FFbatchTool without doing it on the preset inside Filter Forge?

This would be really good and very useful to have, because to test some filters where the AA is important and they are slow, it takes much time waiting for "actual" size preview to see how the Antialias is applied, so if you could choose to have different settings of AA to test, it would render different versions of the same result with different AA settings as it would happen if you had different presets each one with a defined AA setting.

If this would be possible, what would happen with the built-in AA preset already inside the preset? I think that then the AA setting in FFBatchTool would override and be applied instead of the one inside the preset.

To be more clear about the settings of AA, I am refering to the Filter-->Antialias menu options shown here below

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

SUGGESTION TO HAVE AN OPTION TO ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE A PAUSE

As said, I continue thinking about using this great FFBatchTool, also as a FF Benchmark tool to measure the render time, and as you have said that making a log list of the time taken to render each filter is not possible to make, as it would slow down, there is an alternative, I have thought that it could be possible to put a checkbox in the "Run Batch" tab wh ere it could include a "pause" command inside the batch file, so it could wait until you press any key to close.

This would help much to to copy the inside text or make a screenshot

Knowing that there is already shown the time taken for the render inside the DOS windows that it is open when processing the batch, so I could be able to sel ect all the the text and copy it or make a screenshot of that window, BUT the main problem is that this window closes automatically very fast after it finishes all the tasks of the batch, so it is impossible to make a screenshot of that window, so I would suggest to be able to have a pause option.

I have added the pause command manually to the batch file but when you run it, then it opens two windows instead of one, and does not stop`and pause the one that has the batch running

Thanks very much

NOTES:

1 - If you do not now how to sel ect and copy text fr om inside a DOS windows there is a very helpful guide here

To copy text fr om a command prompt window

It seems that you can´t just use the mouse over any part of the DOS windows as it can be seen in this other tutorial

How to Copy Text from Command Prompt or Paste text to Command Prompt in Windows 7

2 - Also when I say a "DOS window", I am refering to a "command prompt window"
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

The above pause option suggestion in previous post is for this below

PREPARE FILES FOR USING FFBatchTool as a Benchmark tool.

As said in the post above continue thinking about using this great FFBatchTool, also as a FF Benchmark tool to measure the render time.

So I have prepared two folders, each one having 10 files with 10 different resolutions (fr om 1000 x 1000 pixels up to 10.000 x 10.000 pixels)

First folder have 10 completely empty white background images

Second folder have the same photo in the 10 different resolutions

So this way you can easily test the render time FF takes in different resolutions and with different kind of filters, maybe the white empty files are not really needed as the texture filters will only takes the resolution size from the photo file, but do not now if having a photo instead of a white empty image could make any difference in render speed for a texture filter.

I have already done it and it works very well, but the problem as I have already said in previous post is to get the last result before the window is closed.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
You could let the user decide on the naming and what prefixes to use

Yes this is possible but I don't know if I'm going to implement this because it will not be easy to make that "user-friendly". But I'll put it on the list.

Do you mean that you could put the menu of Filter-->Antialias menu options inside the FFBatchTool so you could choose yourself the Antialias setting inside FFbatchTool without doing it on the preset inside Filter Forge?

Yes, I think it could be useful too. I will make a AA-override checkbox to switch the AA completely off for the complete filter-stack. My goal will only be a faster testdrive of bigger images.

This would be really good and very useful to have, because to test some filters where the AA is important and they are slow, it takes much time waiting for "actual" size preview to see how the Antialias is applied, so if you could choose to have different settings of AA to test, it would render different versions of the same result with different AA settings as it would happen if you had different presets each one with a defined AA setting.

I'm sorry but it would only use one setting. Could make it variable for animation though. You would have to make one preference with no AA and one with max (no other differences), choose the right kind of steps in between (I will let you know that number when I've tried it) and it will render the results. So it could be done. It's on my list.

what would happen with the built-in AA preset already inside the preset? I think that then the AA setting in FFBatchTool would override and be applied instead of the one inside the preset.

Don't worry, the batchtool makes its own presets for every filter in the stack.

I have thought that it could be possible to put a checkbox in the "Run Batch" tab where it could include a "pause" command inside the batch file, so it could wait until you press any key to close.

No, I'm sorry that is not possible. I've tried it and it slows down the render process. The way to do that is to copy the complete text that appears after the "Create and execute batch" button and to paste (Ctrl v) that directly in a "command promt window". Don't use the bat file. If run it directly this wat the window will not close. Don't forget to shut-down the render-window that is started by the batch-tool first.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
New version is on line!

It's Beta 0.9. If we cannot find bugs in it, it will stay the last version until Filter Forge releases a new beta. Next week I will start a new thread with proper heading and change the link in the tool to the new thread. For FF 3 it should be stable now.

For newcomers: the link to download the tool is: *** download page ***.

This version has a few new bizarre options:
-rendering animation over antiAlias
-overriding the antiAlias for all presets/filters
-the possibility to render one image of an animation. That sounds really strange but it is useful to me (a filter with two preset values say 0 and 10 can now be reused without making a new preset, eg. set steps to 9 and step to be rendered to 3)
- under stack control there is a button to show information about your stack (handy if it's complex)
- last but not least I gave it an icon

@SpaceRay: testing all antialiasing settings: set first preset on none, second on 64. make an animation with 7 images in between. This will render 9 images, that is all antialias-possibilities + 1. (0 = none, 2 = 5 samples, 3..7, 8 = 65 samples, no idea what it does with value 1 it renders but you cannot choose it from the menu).

@Sharandra: You have a good point with naming outputfiles. Sorry, but that is too much work for now.

Please keep testing and have fun with it smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

aba

SpaceRay

Yes, I think it could be useful too. I will make a AA-override checkbox to switch the AA completely off for the complete filter-stack. My goal will only be a faster testdrive of bigger images.

Oh, good that would be possible and is good to have it. YES, as you said, it is useful to have it when render a high resolution that could take much time and is better to render it with this tool than with FF itself.

aba

SpaceRay

I'm sorry but it would only use one setting. Could make it variable for animation though. You would have to make one preference with no AA and one with max (no other differences), choose the right kind of steps in between (I will let you know that number when I've tried it) and it will render the results. So it could be done. It's on my list.

I see that it will be like in FF that you can only use one AA setting each time, when I asked this I had the idea that maybe this AA setting could be applied separately to each stack, and so each stack ciould have a different AA setting, but does not matter if this is not possible it can be done very easily as I said, saving the presets with the stored AA settings in FF itself and then use FFBatchTool.

Sorry that I do not understand what you mean with selecting the minimun and maximum AA. Probably will have to wait until next version that may include this so I can see it and can understand what you mean.

DO NOT NEED ANYMORE TO HAVE A PAUSE IN DOS WINDOWS smile:)

aba
SpaceRay
I have thought that it could be possible to put a checkbox in the "Run Batch" tab where it could include a "pause" command inside the batch file, so it could wait until you press any key to close.

No, I'm sorry that is not possible. I've tried it and it slows down the render process. The way to do that is to copy the complete text that appears after the "Create and execute batch" button and to paste (Ctrl v) that directly in a "command promt window". Don't use the bat file. If run it directly this wat the window will not close. Don't forget to shut-down the render-window that is started by the batch-tool first.

OH, YES, YES !!! This is a very good way, very easy to do and it works very well, and the DOS windows does not close after finishing all the tasks, so is not needed at all any pause option. And also using it this way you can use the mouse to sel ect text, something not possible if done automatically with the batch.

I agree that you have to close the window started by the batch tool and open a new one and paste the batch path and run fr om there, and it works smoothly and very well this way.

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

NOW IS POSSIBLE TO USE FFBATCHTOOL AS A BENCHMARK TOOL!!!!!

As I have said in my previous post, as you can run the batch from another DOS window that will not close, and there is the information of the render time, and also has the information of the filename (I already put the resolution size inside the filename) and preset so you can very easily just copy and paste this data to a file or to another program and then you can compare very easily all the times compared to the size resolution.

This is something that I already wanted to make since the end of 2009, and I have suggested it here in the forums and have been all these years searching without sucess a easy and friendly way to make batch render with same filter and preset and different resolutions, I already have made some in the hard way, I mean render it by hand one by one and waiting for it to render each time each one.

Now the sun is shining in the FF Batch world thanks to you and your awesome FF Batch Tool that makes this possible after so many years waiting for a way to do it.

Again, Thanks a million for making this tool.

Here is what I have made thanks to your tool

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

If you are reading this first, I have already put two others post above of this one.

SUGGESTION TO GIVE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SOURCE IMAGE FILES

This below is just and only a suggestion, and something I have though but do not know if it would be possible and easy to include, you of course can know much better than me, and decide if you can and want to include this or not, and you are free to do what you consider best.

After you have included a new feature in version 0.9

aba
under stack control there is a button to show information about your stack (handy if it's complex)

I have had an idea that perhaps it would be useful when having many source images and you do not know really all the ones you have selected and the size resolution they may have.

So I have thought to give the suggestion and ask if there could be an easy way to include more information about the source images files you have selected in the "Source Images" tab.

The only information I think is more important to have is just the filename (without the path and, even perhaps without the extension) and the size resolution in pixels

3 Options I have thought

1 - Considering how you have done for the information about the stack control content, it could be also a button in "Source Images" tab that you click and give you a list of the selected source image files names and the resolution they have.

2 - Instead of adding another button to the source images tab, you could also use the "stack control" button to include in the text that opens also the filename and size resolution of the images that are going to be used

3 - Put a new text block inside the "Source Image" tab in the right side and it could include a list (scrolling if there were to many to fit inside it ) showing the filename and size resolution of the selected images.

Here below I show a mockup screenshot for option 3

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

If you are reading this first, I have already put 3 others post above of this one

If you decide and want to make it, I do not care wich one of the options you choose, and if you think it would be difficult or too much work to do it, please, do not bother with it, as is not something essential or important, just only informative.

Here I put a possible better alternative to the screenshot mockup I have put above, as this one would have

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Following with the above post about using FFBatch Tool for benchmark, now here is the test that would be very difficult, boring and tiresome to make by hand if it was not done with this great tool

I wanted to have the beautiful and great default preset of Random Bezier Shape by ThreeDee in all the different resolutions to be able to make a collage with them, and so I have made the batch test from 1000x1000 up to 12.500 x 12.500 pixels. Considering that this last one takes 8008 seconds = 2,22 hours I could not be waiting to be finishing until I could make the next one, but thanks to this awesome tool, this text has been VERY EASY to make and just configure once and let it run and that´s all

I know it would be much better to just render one very high resolution and then after use Smart objects for the lower resolutions but for the purpose of using this batch tool, and have already the images made directly at fixed resolutions, and also to use it as a benchmark, I do not use it

Random Bezier Shape by ThreeDee Default preset

1000 x 1000 = 1 minutes 15 seconds
2000 x 2000 = 4 minutes 8 seconds
3000 x 3000 = 8 minutes 47 seconds
4000 x 4000 = 15 minutes 25 seconds
5000 x 5000 = 23 minutes
6000 x 6000 = 32 minutes 48 seconds
7000 x 7000 = 44 minutes 16 seconds
8000 x 8000 = 57 minutes
9000 x 9000 = 1 Hour 19 minutes
10.000 x 10.000 = 1 Hour 45 minutes
12.500 x 12.500 = 2 Hours 22 minutes

The conversion form seconds to minutes and hours has been done with this online tool

Here is the graph chart that I have made thanks to the free http://infogr.am/

Details E-Mail
ThreeDee
Lost in Space

Filters: 111
Despite my purposeful attempt at making a preset choice that should have made it impossible to batch between, the FFBatchTool gave a decent result: Color controls, integers sliders, variations, everything has been tweened!

Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi ThreeDee that is good te hear smile:)
There is one thing puzzeling me though, that's the size value (used in Comic Book by Vladimir Golovin). The new version will hopefully also animate over that, but the value (size_factor in the filter-xml) is a mystery to me.

@SpaceRay I'm very glad that you like and use my tool. I will implement:
3 - Put a new text block inside the "Source Image" tab in the right side and it could include a list (scrolling if there were to many to fit inside it ) showing the filename and size resolution of the selected images.

I will wait with uploading the new version until somebody finds a bug smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

aba

I will implement:

SpaceRay

Great!! good news and thanks very much for adding this too, knowing that it will be included and is possible, do it whenever you can and want.

GREAT AND TIMESAVING BATCH SAVE OF ALL THE RENDER MAPS AT ONCE

There is another very important feature that for me is also very good, useful and great timesaving, and is to be able to save all the render maps you need at once and not having to make it one by one and you do not have to keep waiting until FF finish rendering until beginning to save the render maps.

And this may be mostly used for 3D software, but there is an awesome and amazing FF 3.0 filter that uses and needs them too.

Welcome to Spherical 3D Displacement Previewer by ThreeDee V 2.0

This filter will take your render maps and make a 3D ball or sphere and extrude the render maps over it

To see more examples of what it can do please go to this thread below, because it is not available in the FF library because it must have stored some settings inside that does not allow to be uploaded to the FF library

Examples of Spherical 3D Displacement Previewer by ThreeDee

And this filter does not only use filters that are surface based (they have a height elevation) it can also use render maps of 2D filters

Examples of 2D image converted 3D using ThreeDee´s Spherical Previewer

And although this is an excellent filter, now thanks to this FFBatchTool, will be much easier to use it, as I have not use it more before it was boring and tiresome to wait for FF to render the result and then save one by one each render map, and now thanks to this tool all this is over smile:)

And to show how useful and timesaving this feature is with this tool is that I have put before a mini guide on how to be able to get the render maps on FF

HOW TO USE THIS FILTER OF Spherical 3D Displacement Previewer

It takes 12 steps, well, now thanks to this awesome tool they are reduced to only 6 easy steps

HOW TO PREPARE RENDER MAPS USING FFBatchTool for Spherical 3D Displacement Previewer

1 - Select a surface filter of your choice (MUST be one that have a "Lighting" tab next to "Settings" tab, so this means that this is a surface filter otherwise you will not get any render map)

2 - Select the preset you want

3 - Go to "output maps" and select the maps you want. For this filter to work you need at least 3 maps, diffusse map, bump map and specular strenght map (reflectivity map).

4 - Go to "source images" tab and choose the size resolution you want the final result to have in "texture" (no input image) or use a source image (or more than one)as source for the resolution or apply the filter to an image (or more than one. ) I recommend to have a minimum of 2000x2000 pixels to get a good quality.

5 - Go to "run batch" and click on execute batch

6 - And then go to FF and choose this filter and, replace each of the maps in the settings with the ones you have created here, and adjust lighting and settings as you want.

Spherical Displacement LE Surface

Be aware that the version that is available in the FF Library Spherical Displacement LE Surface is a Light Edition, meaning that it does not have all the features of the Version 2.0 that I have put above.

For more and full information about this LE version please go to

Spherical Displacement LE Surface by ThreeDee

aba
I will wait with uploading the new version until somebody finds a bug

Well, I have already found more than one bug smile;) smile:D smile:D see below

Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
@SpaceRay: nice bug smile:)
When you stack a filter with the Sperical Displacement filter, you can reduce those steps even more: just load the saved stack, replace input of first filter and hit run...
But you better can wait a week with saving complex stacks because I'm trying to make that more visual. (with nodes just like in FF, no garantee but trying).

@ThreeDee: Awesome filter!!!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Hello, aba, I have been testing more and the good news is that I have not found any other bug yet and all works well, although I have not tried yet animation or filter stacking over one image, just applying 1 filter and multiple presets to one or multiple images.

Thanks again much for this great and well done tool

aba
saving complex stacks because I'm trying to make that more visual. (with nodes just like in FF, no garantee but trying)

Sorry that I do not understand what you mean, and what would take a week saving with complex stacks?

You are trying to make it more visual? smile:?: and with nodes like FF ? smile:?:
do you mean that you want to do a small version of filter editor where you can link different filters to images?
And could you see a small preview of the result stack before rendering it?
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi SpaceRay, again thanks for testing.
I'm rewriting the tab where you can stack the filters. If it works out there will be a tab where you can see all the filters in the stack as symbols. Then you can "draw" lines between outputs and inputs. No, you won't be able to see previews, it is a batch-tool smile:). This will be useful if you have complex stacks as I do (7 - 9 filters to combine 3d bump maps etc). I think I need a week to reprogram that bit. What I meant is that since I'm rewriting that part, it's useless to test filterstacking now. Just wait and see..
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Filters: 58
Hi aba,

I just started testing this and love it. I have a question. If I make a load of tiles in someones filter and then batch render them, will the filter author get credit for it? I wasn't sure if it is directly connected to Filter Forge counter yet as it is in beta. I hope the author is getting credit. smile:(

Also can this post be pinned by the mods so I can find it quickly? I would appreciate it. smile;)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Mardar
If I make a load of tiles in someones filter and then batch render them, will the filter author get credit for it? I wasn't sure if it is directly connected to Filter Forge counter yet as it is in beta. I hope the author is getting credit.

As far as I know when you use FF Command Line Renderer, is the same as if you are using FF itself, as it is using the same core engine and same FF software although not using the FF interface.

Also I have seen that after using much this FFBatchTool when I start the FF software, it puts me the message "may I send the usage...", so I think that is true that the credit is still given when you use FF Command Line Renderer.
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi Mardar,

Thanks!

I hope that someone of FilterForge can answer your question, because the tool just uses the batch-renderer. But I don't think it is likely, because the tool makes its own temporary copy of the filters with new filterpresets, so that the render-engine (or whatever) can not know for sure which libraryfilters are being used. If the filter-usage count is set in a xml then I could make it work (and you could easily cheat...). Never thought about that, sorry.

I'm still working on a much nicer interface, will upload that tomorrow.
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Thanks aba, Maybe GMM or someone else can find out about the usage stats. Thanks for trying to answer me anyway. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
The only person in the company who knows that is on the vacation at the moment smile:) I'll update you on that in September.
  Details E-Mail
Mardar
Graphics Junkie

Thanks GMM I appreciate your response and will be waiting for the answer. smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
file cant be downloaded and/or 404 error. doesnt seem to be a file with that link any more smile:(
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Kraellin
file cant be downloaded and/or 404 error. doesnt seem to be a file with that link any more

Well, I have just tested it and I do not have any problem downloading the file and it is still available without any error

Are you using this download page?

Filter Forge Batch Tool Download Page

Have you tried with another browser?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

I am happy that now I do not depend anymore and become frustrated with the rendering speed of FF and keep waiting a lot until it is finished to be able to make another thing in FF.

Now I can use this tool to get the results I want AND have same filter and make it render in different resolutions, different presets and with different possible source images and the only thing I have to do is just configure the tool to do what I want and then run the batch, and I can go away and do not have to keep waiting anymore FOR EACH ONE of the images to render to be able to see the result and then make another one.

And many more uses that this tool can be used

This is a great timesaving and FF user lifesaving smile:)
  Details E-Mail
aba
Batchman
Hi

I uploaded a new version with a completely different GUI. Hope you like it and I hope that I didn't introduce new bugs ...

Stacking of filters should be very easy now.

Please don't use the older version anymore and try/test/use this one.

Comments / suggestions are welcome...

@SpaceRay I'm glad you like the tool smile:)

You can find it at: Filter Forge Batch Tool Download Page
  Details E-Mail

Messages 46 - 90 of 234
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+6 new last day!

137,913 Posts
+13 new last day!

13,449 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

7 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter