Login - Create Account

Beta Gallery

Messages 91 - 135 of 256
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Sphinx. wrote:
Inspired by the discussion here I started working on a confetti filter. Got to the round particles so far..

WOW !! This looks really awesome and wonderful and much better than what I could imagine!!!!

Great that you have found inspiration in the discussion I began for the confetti filter smile;) and have made such beauty of filter as wonderfully realistic and perfectly.

As I suppose that the colors depend on the source image, this gan give really amazing results.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 79
Pixel8ted, The tornado on the field is hysterical! smile:D

Cool confetti, Sphinx. How about some other shapes, or shiny confetti?
...or something like that.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 249
Thanks FF team for the depth mapping I can finish this one now.. smile;)
and Welcome back ONline..
Escher Forrest..

Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Orteil
but certainly

Filters: 51
CFandM, I like that one a lot.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Thanks Orteil...Its been submitted.....As a result of that filter I had another ideal brewing.. smile;) Still gotta tweak things, info and all that...Heres another abstract...
I am making this one separate from the previous since this one will have a lot more things that can be done with it...Such as incorporating an image....

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

CFandM wrote:

Heres another abstract...
I am making this one separate from the previous since this one will have a lot more things that can be done with it...Such as incorporating an image....

WOW!! This is really amazing and beautiful. Very good effect and lovely. smile:) Very creative and great idea.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

After getting sidetracked with the above filters and other stuff I started working on a rock texture I wanted to do for a while....Its for all you Michiganders..ahhh..Craig... smile;) smile:)
Still early on this one, lots to be done yet but heres some Petoskey Stone

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

CFandM wrote:

Still early on this one, lots to be done yet but heres some Petoskey Stone

WOW, this is very good, interesting that I did not know about the beautiful texture of the Petosky Stone (as seen here)

Also if you change the brown to red it seems that are like human body cells smile:D

Also it could be an aerial vision from a plane of a new plantation of trees or vegetables that are ready to be grown in it´s own special designed place smile:D
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

SpaceRay wrote:

WOW, this is very good, interesting that I did not know about the beautiful texture of the Petosky Stone (as seen here)

That stone is like a lot of stones of that nature...Photos do not do justice to actually holding one in your hand... smile;) smile:)
  Details E-Mail
inujima

Filters: 25
I tried to make a landscape filter.
This shape is made from the bump map connecting to Tail input of Smudge Component.
I hadn't noticed till yesterday that Smudge Component had been added in a component list at FF3.
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Filters: 38
It looks damn nice Inujima! I'm playing with something similar right now (inspired by your rendering). What did you use as texture and heightmap? some other filter or your own creation?
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Since the beta days are over, please use the 'User Gallery' forum instead. This forum will soon become read-only.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Sphinx. wrote:
Inspired by the discussion here I started working on a confetti filter. Got to the round particles so far..

I have found this great filter called Confetti Splash and then came to my mind that something was said about a work in progress confetti filter and searching in the forum I found your news Sphinx smile:)

Any news about this ?

CFandM wrote:
As a result of that filter I had another ideal brewing.. Still gotta tweak things, info and all that...Heres another abstract...
I am making this one separate from the previous since this one will have a lot more things that can be done with it...Such as incorporating an image....Image

Also in the same page there is also a very interesting, beautiful and wonderful effect shown by CFandM that is also in development.

Thanks very much
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

SpaceRay Wrote..
Also in the same page there is also a very interesting, beautiful and wonderful effect shown by CFandM that is also in development.

Yep still in development.. smile;) smile:)
  Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Filters: 163
I'm looking for the CFandM gratuitous plug string??? Oh, I'm here... smile;) smile:D lol...

Still have the mad camera experiments going??? smile:)
Steve

"Buzzards gotta eat...same as worms..." - Clint :)
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

What smile:?: smile:?: Who me smile:?: Never plug my own stuff.. smile:D smile:D
btw and smile;) smile:D Still working on those mad experiments...Had to stop the night shots thou...That camera is not so great with those...Even away from city lights...I am experimenting with the curved lenses from that slide projector thou...Makes for some real great glass distortion images...Non FF style... smile;) smile:)
  Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Denying your plugs are plugs are plugs... smile:| ... smile:dgrin: lol...

I'm picking up a good digital camera in a couple weeks...so we can share tips and tricks of our mad experiments... I've gotta do a photojournalism story first...but then into the micro-depths I go... smile:)
Steve

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

I did not know that the plugs that I plugged are plugged as a plug for the plugs so I guess I will put a plug in plugging the plugs... smile:D smile:dgrin: smile:bunny: hehe smile:)

Cool.. smile:) You know where to find me.. smile;) smile:)
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

smile:D

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Thanks for the plug SpaceRay.. smile:D
  Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Jesus!!! It's a CF Plug-pallooza!!! smile:dgrin: lol...
Steve

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 75
Since the 4.0 beta is out now, I'm just gonna post stuff I make in 4.0 here.

I always wanted a parametric pixel-art texture generator and so I made the pixel shader. It does lighting internally for better results.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
That looks cool, skybase!
Alot of indy game makers would find this very usefull, as pixel-art platform games are making a comeback these days smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Filters: 3
Is there a change log for the new beta 4 version?
Rod
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

CFandM what happened to this beauty and great abstract designs?

Are they lost or you could not make it, or perhaps do not want to share it in the library?

As always is up to the person to release and share a filter or not?
You are not forced to do it in any way, only if you want and can.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Unfortunately that one did get lost in a hard drive failure...I managed to pull some stuff off the drive but that was not one that I was able to retrieve...I do have this version so guess I can go from there and try to recreate this....To bad I don't remember the other little bits of this filter...

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

bad news smile:( smile:cry:

Thanks anyway

CFandM

Too bad I don't remember the other little bits of this filter...

You should have made a backup of your brain smile;) smile:D smile:D
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

hehe Yep a backup of the brain would have been a good thing but, that crashes faster then hard drives these days.. smile;) smile:D
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

CFandM

hehe Yep a backup of the brain would have been a good thing but, that crashes faster then hard drives these days.. smile;) smile:D

Well, it depends of what storage do you use for making your brain backup, if you use a bad one it will break and crash, but if you use the latest nanotechnology it could be possible smile;) smile:D

Similar to the computer file back-up system, humans will also be able to back up of their brains and all memories contained in them within the next two decades, a leading scientist has claimed.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Loops are the greatest things on earth.

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

We can generate cell (worley) noise with the "Cells" component. We can also make it with the bomber. Now, a third method is possible, using the loop component.

Compare speeds:
If cell takes 1 second, bomber will take ~4 s, and loop will take ~16 s.

Worley Noise Loop.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Wind erosion! Erosion is fractal-based, which means if you want to make realistic erosion in FF or other software, you should use iterative loops.

The scenario here is: A strong southerly wind is blowing across the Perlin Desert [erode the south more]. The wind, which blows horizontally, buffets the steep hills [erode the steep parts more]. If you know how to find "south" and "steep", you can do this, too!

Caution: with only two iterations, the render time is sky high (~7 minutes for this 600x600)!

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Love the pattern on that one Skybase.. smile:)

Indigo that looks good but 7 minutes.. smile;) smile:) Can you get it down to 6.5.. smile:D

Fixed (little xml editing) that corrupted filter I was working on from that crazy bug...Glad I did not have to rebuild it....Again another loop experiment....

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Heres the filter for above if anyone wants to play.. smile:) smile:hammer:

Shell with color.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

So I tried iterating some simple sticks at 100... then made another iteration that spun them around (again) 10 times resulting in 1000 copies.

OK WAIT though the picture below is only at 50 copies repeated 10 times.

100x10 = so many things = takes super long but it worked regardless.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Obligatory zoom-spin. Render times aren't wonderful haha. oh well. I can understand.

Details E-Mail
ThreeDee
Lost in Space

Filters: 111
Starting to get the hang of it...

Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Filters: 38
Kaleidofractal

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Yep indeed ThreeDee...Looks cool....Heres s simple globe....

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Then the filter if anyone wants to play with loops...This is the shaded version.. smile;)

Globe Loop Shaded.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Some more tweaks to the blend and the colors on the Ellipse will give you one of these... smile;) smile:) Boy this is fun.....

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Then one more based on the above....To control the shape move the Free Gradients attached to the Threshold....

Globe Gradient Control.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

You can get some weird shapes like this one...

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

good and cool examples of the loops components

Glad that the experts and master filter forgers know wel how to use it and get this beautiful images shown above

Thanks very much CFandM for uploading the tests you are making, specially for beginners that do not know much how to use it

Perhaps now after the awesome and very useful Shapes tutorials, you could do a new tutorial about how to use the new Loop component in the best way smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

derp

Details E-Mail

Messages 91 - 135 of 256
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,454 Registered Users
+16 new in 7 days!

137,903 Posts
+18 new last day!

13,448 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

6 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter