Messages 46 - 90 of 256
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 
lipebianc
FFF = Filter Forge Fan

Filters: 12
Sphinx. wrote:
Collage Synthesizer ..

Wow!!! GREAT!!!
Impressive v3.0 filters soon will invade FF library!
"From the moment we are born, we start being filtered..."
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 79
Hey, Chuck, that's an interesting method to make diamond plates. Do I see a blurry lifesaver in that last pic, or am I seeing the darned thing everywhere now? smile;)

Sphinx, that's really sweet! I'd love to see more of that one! smile8)
...or something like that.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

My turn.

Here's a wild way to use bombers: Chalkboard eraser smudges! Combine that with the new edge detector component, and you get something like this:

*writing from someone else's image

Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Filters: 3
I call it Cast Iron pan.

Please don't laugh it's my first one. smile;)
Only settings are varying the pixel size of the cast surface.
Most lighting settings can be used though.

I really have to learn more about this it's quite fun to play with.

CastIronPan.ffxml
Rod
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Preset 3 with my own image
Rod
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 75
I updated my Countries filter with the new edge detector. I optimized the filter and it also has a couple more new settings.

It looks no different than the previous version but it's really helpful to just have an edge detector since I do want to draw consistant outlines around the "countries" you see.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Yup, it's no different. Just updated smile:)

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 249
Indigo Ray wrote:
My turn.

Here's a wild way to use bombers: Chalkboard eraser smudges! Combine that with the new edge detector component, and you get something like this:

hmm..You could join this with my chalk and char filter and run some text through it and have your own... smile;) smile:D smile:)
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

If anyone is interested or even reading this thread still... smile;) smile:) This is just having some more fun with the new curves component.....Updated an old filter...The playing cards suits..........ie..a club, heart, spade and diamond...

Playing Cards Suite.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
thanks, chuck smile:)
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Hope you do not mind i tweeked your playing cards a bit. smile:)
I am sure you could tweek the heart path even better though.

Added color and tweeked the heart and club shape a bit more. smile:)

Playing Cards Suite-tweeked-color.ffxml
Rod
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Kraellin wrote:
thanks, chuck smile:)

Yep smile:)

Rod_D wrote:
Hope you do not mind i tweeked your playing cards a bit. smile:) I am sure you could tweek the heart path even better though.

Nope not at all...Thats what I posted it for so tweak until your hearts content.. smile:) smile:hammer:
  Details E-Mail
BenBeckwith
Filters: 8
Alright, I actually made this for work today, but got carried away since it's supposed to be cartoony lol. Luckily I have a detail slider for that. If it's fine that I post these then I'll put some other variations some time.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

That's gorgeous!
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Is that a filter for creating Hubble images?
Rod
  Details E-Mail
BenBeckwith
Filters: 8
Yeah, started out trying to do full 360 space skies but ended up with single nebula's. Here's another example. smile:)

Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Sweet! ... When do we get to try it ourselves? smile:)
Rod
  Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
Filters: 6
Hi

I'm a new user and complete convert; over the last 10 days, everywhere I go I'm looking at things in terms of how I'd create them in FF smile:)

I hope I've created my first decent filters, (this one is somewhat of a hefty deviation on Crapadilla's excellent 'Worn Metal Plate'), and i thought I might post some of my presets here to get opinions/feedback

As I'm a pauper at the moment, I'm very much hoping I can earn a free copy, but I realise there are some superb filters here by experienced artists so I won't hold my breath, but I'll be gutted to go without FF smile:)

sigh... wonderful program smile:)
Peace

PS I don't know why, but I can't seem to attach/insert an image (at least in the preview) so if anyone can help, or is even interested...
Presets H2Ornate Metal Plate
Peace, love & understanding
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

hi rawsunlight,

to post images within your posts they must be 250k or less in file size and be of a fairly standard web page type format, like .jgp, .bmp, .png and so on. you can also post actual filter files within your posts also. they too must be 250k or less in size.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
YAY! thanks very much for the help and advice, Kraellin smile:)
let's see if can add my first preset images here...I'll spare people all 30 presets, suffice it to say that it can do very intricate design from ornate craft to heavy industrial

I'll post the filter to share soon, (that's the point of this community after all!) there's just a few things yet to do:

1. Add support for alpha so that you can insert embossed text or motif
2. Add support for transparent background plate for filigree overlays
3. Slider control for Metallicity effect, so it can be turned down to create 'flat' wall and floor designs as well as embossed work

Loving it... H2Onyx and H20 Blood Work coming soon too smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 138
I love it ! This is a wonder ! Thanks ! I'm in a hurry for using this filter. smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Something new i am working on in FF-3 with the new edge enhancement tool. smile:)

I may change the name to Toothpick Builder

Original image

Just need to figure out a way to speed it up more. smile:)
Rod
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

i like those, rawsunlight!

nice, rod smile:)

are you the same rod that uses the Gimp and knows lyle on the gimp forum and worked with a filter called fractilius or something like that?

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

are you the same rod that uses the Gimp and knows lyle on the gimp forum and worked with a filter called fractilius or something like that?

Yes that is me.
Lyle is great people.I know him from www.gimpchat.com . smile:)
David and i came up with a pipeline somewhat like Redfields filter to assume a similar effect in "Greyc's Magic Image Converter"

A brainchild Gimp plugin created by David for Gimp.
You can download the GMIC plugin here
http://gmic.sourceforge.net/gimp.shtml

Of course you have to have Gimp to use it.
http://www.gimp.org/
Rod
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, rod. i thought from what lyle said in the retouchpro forum that you were the guy he was talking about.

i dont use the gimp, though i have in the past, so the gmic thing sounds cool but it would have to be either stand-alone or work as an .8bf for me to use it in paint shop pro or photoshop.

however, lyle's use of the gimp and his work with it and the filters for it, get me contemplating at least installing the gimp again. lol. just what i need, a third graphic editor smile:) actually, i kind of liked the gimp. i even used gimpshop for a while.

if they ever port gmic over to an .8bf format, let me know.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
Hi Kraellin & Ghislaine,

Thanks for the nice feedback. I submitted a bunch of filters (including a much improved, very beautiful but very slow version of my ornate metal plate generator) over the last week but have realised that they are all beta 3 versions so probably won't be accepted... well for now at least... which is a real shame because I really hoped to gain a free copy.
Anyway, I only have 8 days left so I shall post them as attachments here at some point befoe I time out

Here are some pics...

First, a nice version of Angelboiii's 'Floor Metal Plate,' which allows for adjustable paint patterns, different scaling for the studs, and some tasty grime/distressing.
All patterns here are generated via a kaleidoscope component, but I've also added the ability to add your own alpha designs as or over a paint pattern.
This should be great for games & 3d artists for generating quick tile set variants
The diagonal going across the top corner is just to show clean vs grimed.

Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
Hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting too much, but I've had so much fun with the Beta, and I soooo want to share them :}

H2Onyx generator

Obviously it's just Cell Noise components combined with a gradient generator, but all the controls are clamped/tailored solely towards generating rock & gemstone variants
  Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
Thought I'd have a go at a photo processing filter and hope to submit some of my results in the gallery even if I can't submit the filter itself smile:)

This one has some nice brush types and controls for said, as well as some beautiful colour-combo controls for both brushes and canvas

H2 Impressioniser

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

These are very nice! smile:)
  Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
Thanks Skybase

Sorry to be spamming this thread, just desperate to get these seen before the demo runs out

This is the update for my H2Ornate Metal Plate.
I got the alpha support in, as well as the Metallicity... also added some beautiful distressing effects, all on sliders so you can have new or old tiles, and anything in between. The latter has really brought this to life for me
It's very slow now though, taking almost 10 secs before it even starts to render the preview and almost a minute to complete the whole thing.

Given the point was to create something to design massive amounts of tile-sets for games/3D, this won't do as far as I'm concerned, so I'll be reviewing it to see if I can compartmentalise the pattern design side before one has to turn on the height & render effects...
I hope to do this before the 8 days are up but I've also got 2 other really nice filters I'd like to finish

Anyhoot, a sample of the 60 odd presets i have for this filter so far (it just seems to keep spitting out new and interesting variants)... should mention these patterns are all procedural, no alphas... would show a sample of that too but of course image import is broken at the moment smile:(

http://features.cgsociety.org/newgall...medium.jpg

These last ones are just to show how intricate the patterning can go.
Apologies if it's too much :} Guess it's a measure of how much 'i'm loving it'
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

rawsunlight,

i believe you can submit beta 3 filters to the library now. try it. there was a note from gmm, one of the filter forge guys that said as much. give it a shot and see if it isnt so.

nice textures smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
Hey Kraellin,

They were all submitted over the last week, the first of them a week ago yesterday.
Maybe Victor and his team are snowed under getting bugs fixed in the Beta, maybe my filters aren't good enough or are too slow (although only the Ornate Plate one is suffering from that)

Can't stress about it though, Time's a-running out, there's still 8 demo days left to feed my addiction... looking on the bright side, the very reason I can't afford it is the very reason I've got to spend so much time with it, so I suppose it's lucky I don't have any work at the moment! smile;)

Again, thanks for all your help and advice smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Hey, RawSunlight. You're definitely "picking up" FF pretty quickly! Nice samples so far. I'm eager to see them in the library when it gets updated. smile8)

2 things: In the past, if you ran out of demo time but had several filters submitted into the library, you could ask for an extension. You can contact FF to find out if they still do this.
Also, I can testify that it is possible to "earn" a free copy of FF by submitting filters with the demo. All it takes is 3 High Usages after all. It may, no it will, take some time before the HU's are awarded (if they are), especially since you are using a new version (FF3) with fewer users. But from what you've shown already, I think you have a chance at it.
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 138
Hello RawSunlight

Hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting too much, but I've had so much fun with the Beta, and I soooo want to share them

Well, Don't worry. I do not think that you are annoying by posting your wonders. Continue to have fun and share with us. I very appreciate your work and your generosity. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
RawSunlight
Indigo Ray, Ghislaine, thanks for the supportive comments.

I feel like I've just begun to scratch the surface of FF... there's a great deal yet to learn, and a great deal to improve on.
My wife, genius that she is, has offered to let me use her laptop of an evening, so I'm hoping I won't be breaking any rules by installing on that and getting another 30 evenings at least? :} If I am, please let me know; I like the product andd people here seem nice, so I wouldn't want to take liberties

thanks again
H
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

An ultra-simple Harris Shutter filter. You input 3 images taken at different intervals, feed them to whatever channel you want (RGB) and get weird images.

Check link for details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_shutter

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

One more example....
It's pretty nice how multiple images can be loaded to create this effect smile:)

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

As posted in another thread about a certain effect... smile;) smile:) This one is called "Shape of Things"...tribute to the yarbirds.. smile;) smile:)

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Then another one...Hows about the FF tree.. smile:D

Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

RawSunlight wrote:
I feel like I've just begun to scratch the surface of FF... there's a great deal yet to learn, and a great deal to improve on.

You are right about that for sure... smile:)
Just even from looking at sites that deal in wood planks there is a lot of ideals to keep one busy for a long time.... smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

I just submitted this one.It's called Cartoonifier.
Very simple, and very quick. smile:)

Rod
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Just submitted
cast Iron Pan

Rod
  Details E-Mail
pixel8ted

Filters: 65
Just submitted:

Plucked.

It's based on my creature skin but with the twist of looking like feathers have been plucked from a skin.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/90...xample.jpg

Above is a direct link for a closer view. smile:)

Texture applied to model UV's was not altered. Rendered in Poser 7...desaturated version of textured UV map used for bump map. The only postwork on texture was that I used Highpass sharpening to sharpen the overall image.

Other Filter Forge filters used in my example:

MeyeSKY-v1 by meyendlesss for sky.

Oxidized Lichen Rock by Bobbiethejean for the ground.
  Details E-Mail
pixel8ted

Filters: 65
Just submitted:

Tornado Warning

It has a slight bit of a sharp edge at the bottom that only needs a slight bit of post work. Funnel was resized. This is just showing the effect alone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Above same tornado added to an image. The only thing I did to the funnel other than mask that sharp bottom edge was to use transform to make the funnel smaller and use the move tool to position it in my image. (The masked edge is the right hand side example in the image over white shown above).

I hope I haven't jinxed myself. I definitely don't want to really see that behind my house.

I forgot to mention this was using the default preset for the filter.
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Filters: 38
Inspired by the discussion here I started working on a confetti filter. Got to the round particles so far..

Btw. nice tornado look pixel8ted!

Details E-Mail

Messages 46 - 90 of 256
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,457 Registered Users
+17 new in 7 days!

137,909 Posts
+9 new last day!

13,448 Topics
+7 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last minute:

6 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter