Login - Create Account

just some odd images here and there

Messages 91 - 135 of 2088
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 
Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
ok, try this one for a little more density on the mist. and yes, i noticed the linear aspect of the mist while doing this one. that will take more time to do, but shld be possible.

well, just point me to your paintings. i go through a LOT of posts in a day and i do miss things.

If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

i can taper that mist down by changing the opacity on the colors, but cant do it from the GUI. vlad had a reason for that but it escapes me now.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Filters: 61
Kraellin wrote:
ok, try this one

Beautiful, Craig!
Wow, I can hear the roar of the waterfall and the spray on my face even from here..hehe. Really nice, I like it smile:D

Crapadilla's filter:
http://www.filterforge.com/forum/read...1&TID=3794

Carl's filter:
http://www.filterforge.com/forum/read...1&TID=2064
~Foxxee~

You are more than welcome to use and learn from my FF filters ;)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks smile:) there are some other tricks i can pull yet on this one. talking to you about and getting your feedback is great. very inspiring!

and oh my god, girl! you painted those? holy wow! absolutely LOVE that panther! incredible! the eagle is good, but i LOVE that panther!! and nice framing too, btw. good lord, girl. what are you doing mucking around here with us peons? you shld be out painting!! that's absolutely beautiful! oh my lord, i had no idea! is it for sale?

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
and oh my god, girl!

Kraellin wrote:
good lord, girl.

Kraellin wrote:
oh my lord, i had no idea!

smile:blush: smile:blush: smile:blush: smile:blush: smile:blush: smile:blush:
smile:D smile:D smile:D smile:D smile:D

Ok... I'm totally speechless now... hehe smile:-p
~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

that's ok, so am i! i love it smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

well, dear, i'm off to bed. perhaps we can play a little NWN if i get 2 smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Nite smile:)
~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

Filters: 79
Like improvements to water fall - a very clever filter smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Carl wrote:
Like improvements to water fall - a very clever filter Smile

Hi Carl... I think so too smile:D
Looks like you missed everyone... sort of got suddenly quiet, I can hear my eyelashes when I blink smile:-p

~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Filters: 163
Party!!! smile:banana: smile:ff: smile:beer: smile:banana: smile:ff: smile:beer:

Doesn't seem quiet to me......yee haaaaa smile:dgrin:
Steve

"Buzzards gotta eat...same as worms..." - Clint :)
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

StevieJ wrote:
Doesn't seem quiet to me......yee haaaaa

Heheh, you are a nut, Steve smile:D

I'm seriously thinking about making a filter called "The Healing Hug"... I think a lot of people around here need one, including me... now and again.
~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

you think it was quiet before smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

well, there goes the neighborhood smile;)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

ok, a little more tweaking still to go.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
StevieJ
Designer/Artist

Filters: 163
Kraellin wrote:
well, there goes the neighborhood

LOL.... That's right....I've infiltrated your secret hide-out string smile:dgrin: LOL....

PS..... the waterfall improvement looks great smile8)
Steve

"Buzzards gotta eat...same as worms..." - Clint :)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, steve. trying a major tweak now. trying to break the seamless stuff. what other components make things seamless besides profile gradients?

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
ok, a little more tweaking still to go.

Craig, did you think of maybe giving a slight blur to the water also? I'm thinking that if it were possible you might be able to get a slight reflective look to it's surface, just a tad to pick up the reflection of the foam and end of the falls in it's surface. Otherwise I can imagine the surface being just a little more soft in it's lines to appear more 'wet' smile:)
~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

Kraellin wrote:
well, there goes the neighborhood

mmmmmmmmmm
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, steve smile:)

and i'm afraid that the more 'secret' a hideout is on the internet, the more frequented it becomes smile;)

jan, not sure about the reflection. i can blur it and have added that control as well, but not sure about the reflection. i actually had a reflection in the first version. you can see the falls reflected in the pool a bit there. but, i've taken that out now because the pool water is stirred up and that wouldnt really reflect much i would think. still, if maybe you could take one of these latest images and tweak it in photoshop to show me what you mean, that might help.

you can also adjust the contrast of the pool and the colors of the pool. this image in this post will show that a bit. but, i have tweaked part of it so that there is more stretch in the secondary portion of the background colors of the pool. that changes things a bit. you'll have to show me what you want at this point, though.

also, one thing about using all those blurs i've added in now is that if everything is blurred, the image just looks out of focus. so, some discretion with all this blurring will have to be user controlled.

but i do enjoy the feedback. i already think things are looking better. i may also tweak some of those backgrounds.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
i've taken that out now because the pool water is stirred up and that wouldnt really reflect much i would think.

Yes, you are right. That didn't even make sense... guess I can't have it all. Sort of like some of those winter commercials I see on TV, the moon is out... but wait... it's snowing too!!! smile:-p

Kraellin wrote:
also, one thing about using all those blurs i've added in now is that if everything is blurred, the image just looks out of focus. so, some discretion with all this blurring will have to be user controlled.

but i do enjoy the feedback. i already think things are looking better. i may also tweak some of those backgrounds.

I understand, so long as if I can take it into my PSP and retouch here and there, I really like the look of this last one as well. It will be fun to see what all you have for the user to play with in this filter smile:D
~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

well, it's not totally illogical. i actually have a little bit of a reflection i can get in there, but it's not perfected yet and i've run into some other snags by doing it. so, not sure on the reflection part yet. but, doing all that has gotten me to clean up some other things. so, even if the reflection doesnt pan out, it wont be a waste in having tried.

yes, the mass blurring is adjustable on all parts. turn any part on or off as you wish. it's just you wont really know what you're going to get on a randomization. this is definitely a filter you have to learn a bit and take some responsibility for the effect.

nothing to post at the moment. i'm in the middle of fixing something that went nuts when i 'fixed' something else smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
this is definitely a filter you have to learn a bit and take some responsibility for the effect.

nothing to post at the moment. i'm in the middle of fixing something that went nuts when i 'fixed' something else Smile

Well, believe me, Craig... I don't ALWAYS play with the randomize button smile:-p
I do actually spend most of my time using all the sliders and check boxes pixel sizing and variations to get what I'm after in the final results. But I Do love that button, hehe

Hehe, ok... you know how patient I am... I can wait smile;)

~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

nag, nag, nag... that smilie is pressuring me! make it leave! smile:D

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

ok, how about this one?

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
nag, nag, nag... that smilie is pressuring me! make it leave! Big grin

Hehehe

Kraellin wrote:
ok, how about this one?

OH MY GOODNESS! Honestly, this is beautiful, Craig... wow!

~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, jan smile:) yes, i like this one too. there is an interesting light play behind the falls on this one that i hadnt seen before on some of the others.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

ok, been tweaking this one over and over. re-mapped some controls to make them more intuitive. added a couple controls. added some reflectivity on the pool, if desired. just tweak, tweak, tweak.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
if desired. just tweak, tweak, tweak.

Just lovely, Craig... smile;)
~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, jan smile:) still working on it. got sidetracked by NWN2 smile:D

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
thanks, jan Smile still working on it. got sidetracked by NWN2 Big grin

You're welcome smile:)
Yes, I noticed your critiquing of the game... give it time, Craig. It will smooth out for you once you get a good feel for it, really. A huge community of devoted NWN2 players can't be all wrong smile;)
~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

the background on this one is another filter i've been working on recently. the plant is just something i added in psp.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Carl
c r v a

That background is looking interesting, the rocks are working nicely smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, carl. overall, i tend to agree with you. it's a good start. not completely happy yet with how the noise is working on this one and the rock patterns. but, it was good enough to post something.

the name of this one is something like 'snow covered BG'.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
the background on this one is another filter i've been working on recently. the plant is just something i added in psp.

Carl wrote:
That background is looking interesting, the rocks are working nicely Smile

~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
ahimsa

Filters: 41
Wow, I missed out on a lot of fun here. I'll read the whole thread after I have slept. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

hi jan! welcome home smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

Kraellin wrote:
hi jan! welcome home Smile

smile:D smile;)

~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
ahimsa

I really like this

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, ahimsa smile:) yes, i like that one too. the plant is a bit primitive, but i'm not a great freehand type artist. still, it seemed to work. i'm also thinking the lighting could stand some more dynamics and a stone or two looks a bit off, but overall, yes, it's a good print and i'm glad you like it smile:)

i'm finding i really like doing FF art, where the filter itself is the art piece. like my waterfall filter. the filter makes the complete art piece. now, if i can just get it to do portraits smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
ahimsa

That's how I feel when I am making filters. I see it as an art form and I just have fun with it and if someone finds what I've made useful, then that's even better.

I was wishing I could get some fish swimming in my water filter. I need to look at some of the filters here where the gradient was turned into shapes.

Maybe portrait making won't be too far off. smile:)

This snowy rock would be very valuable to me in Bryce. I really hope this will be a filter you will share, if not with everyone, at least with Jan and me..forget Steve, he doesn't need this. Trust me. smile:angel:

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

lol re this filter and steve smile:)

yes, i think this is one i'll post, eventually. it's a result of dilla's noise lab thread.

you'd use it in bryce? interesting. how so? i may put it up here in the forums just so you CAN use it in bryce and just so i could see what you do with it. the 3d world is calling me, but i'm not ready to venture there yet. so, i'm always fascinated when you all do something with FF in 3d.

oh, and on the fish, i think someone did a fish filter a while back. it's been a while, but i do recall something like that. i suppose you could always use imported images of fish.

i actually played with the idea of portraits in FF for a bit.... a very short bit. maybe with version 2 where vladimir is talking about shape components smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

ok, ahimsa, just because you've shown an interest and said you might have a use, i've worked on this a bit more. i still dont have the noise down right, but it's getting there. i also added a touch of color, if desired smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Foxxee

ahimsa wrote:
This snowy rock would be very valuable to me in Bryce. I really hope this will be a filter you will share, if not with everyone, at least with Jan and me..forget Steve, he doesn't need this. Trust me. Angel

I wish I had kept all my work in one cd, but I have so many (over 100) full of stuff I've done through the years. But, I have the pick, my post should still be up in DAZ 3D Freepository still, but my site no longer is. Anyway, thought I'd show off what I had done with my Bryce back then.

Back on topic: This is a really nice direction you are going in with this new 'scenery' look, Craig... first a waterfall, now snowy landscapes and rocks smile:D

~Foxxee~

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, jan smile:)

now, if i could only get this noise to behave smile:!:

Craig
  Details E-Mail

Messages 91 - 135 of 2088
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+17 new in 7 days!

137,914 Posts
+7 new last day!

13,449 Topics
+8 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

10 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter