Login - Create Account

just some odd images here and there

Messages 2071 - 2088 of 2088
First | Prev. | 43 44 45 46 47 | Next | Last 
Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 98
I don't recall if I picked any samples in color.

If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

ah! looks like I did smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

bored yet?

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

I think this is 9. i'll do this one and one more.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

ok, last one of this filter... for now.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

what? how dare you bump my thread to page 2! smile:D

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

patterns and photo effect filters are perhaps my favorite types. I've been working on a massive pattern filter. here's a shot of one result of that.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

and one more from the same filter...

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

this is from Foxxee's Crochet Maker. I've modded it rather extensively, but it's still her work at the heart of it. the reason I chose this filter to mod is that I'm doing computerized wood carving and have a new laser printer/cutter/engraver coming in a few weeks and these patterns will make nice wood carvings. this particular pattern was revised a bit later, so it looks even better now than this pic.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

here's another, same filter even further modified.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

He's baaa-aaack!

This is from a filter I just submitted. This was made years ago and folks seemed to like it and asked me to submit it to the library, but I had a private use for it back then and never did enter it to the library. Well, all that has changed. I've cleaned it up and tightened it up and it's now in the submission queue. This filter was mainly a result of experiments with perlin noise and that was done because of the perlin noise thread from way back. I forget if it was Crapadilla or one of the other guys that started that tutorial thread, but it was an eye-opener for me and I made many filters as a result of it. So, I'm returning the favor a bit now by submitting this one to the library. I hope you enjoy it. It's called "Mars Lander 1xx".

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

I bought a laser cutter/etcher! very cool smile:) I've used an FF filter to etch a pattern into 1/8 inch maple plywood. had to resize the file quite a bit. hope it shows up ok.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Ramlyn
Ramlyn

Filters: 320
Wow! Very interesting. I was thinking to buy one too.

Now I'm trying to use Filter Forge to make some work with a a 3D printer.
I print the result of a filter on a PLA or ABS plate.
  Details E-Mail
chrisd
Kraellin wrote:
I bought a laser cutter/etcher! very cool smile:) I've used an FF filter to etch a pattern into 1/8 inch maple plywood. had to resize the file quite a bit. hope it shows up ok.

Does your laser use greyscale values to vary the power ... or do you have to dither greyscale to produce a 1 bit (black or white pixels only)image?
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

hi guys,

you can check it out for yourself. I bought the basic version of this: https://glowforge.com/

it does use greyscale values on certain functions, like etching. for things like cutting and scoring it uses vector graphics and grey values don't matter so much there. it can cut, score and etch. if I use a bitmap type image, then it uses the greyscale. I use the free program Inkscape for the vector stuff. when I lay down a vector line I believe certain values are set up for the line. the software for the laser reads those values and interprets that line accordingly. the nice thing about inkscape is that I can save my files that incorporate both bitmaps and vector in one file. thus, I can run a photograph from paint shop pro into inkscape and draw a vector box around the bitmap image and the vector line will act as a cut line once it all goes to the laser. so, the bitmap image will be etched but then the vector line tells the laser to cut out the image with the etching on it. pretty slick smile:)

I can cut and etch any number of materials. this laser is only 40 watts so I'm not going to be cutting metal, but I have etched onto wood, paper, ceramic tile and so on. here's an image I etched onto ceramic tile:

Craig
  Details E-Mail
ronjonnie
Designer / Artist

Filters: 320
Hi Craig,

Hope you had a great Christmas. Very Cool, reminds me of the many years I spent in the sign industry; back then they used huge routers. The 3D Laser Printers are a very cool product! I wish you much success with it. Wishing you, family & everyone a blessed New Year, Ron
zazzle.com/Ronspassionfordesign*
So much to learn, so little time.
  Details E-Mail
chrisd
Kraellin wrote:
you can check it out for yourself. I bought the basic version of this: https://glowforge.com/

I can cut and etch any number of materials. this laser is only 40 watts so I'm not going to be cutting metal, but I have etched onto wood, paper, ceramic tile and so on. here's an image I etched onto ceramic tile:

I read about those a couple years back. Pretty incredible for the price.

Even CO2 lasers up to a few hundred watts can't cut metal. 40 watts is more than adequate for most small projects.

You might even be able to do 3d relief engraving with it if its using greyscale values for power. The artwork need to look like this: http://www.gantryco.com/index.htm
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 79
Oh boy! Neat, Craig!

It was fun to watch the laser cutter do its thing in college, even if it was only with cardboard.
...or something like that.
  Details E-Mail

Messages 2071 - 2088 of 2088
First | Prev. | 43 44 45 46 47 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,459 Registered Users
+13 new in 7 days!

137,919 Posts
+6 new last day!

13,450 Topics
+9 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

23 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter