Login - Create Account

Chaos Fields

Messages 91 - 135 of 563
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 
Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Rachel Duim
So Called Tortured Artist

Filters: 73
And for the final fun, Kiko 4 Times. Credits: as before.

Math meets art meets psychedelia.
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Monday meets chaos. For today's fun, here is Space Crystal. Credits: Fractalitious, Brush Engine Van Gogh, Photoshop CS6, iPhone camera.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Friday meets the weekend. For today, no FF. All of this was done in Photoshop CS6 and Fractint fractal generator. The reaction diffusion in the background was done by an AppleScript calling Photoshop with a total of 5000 diffusion iterations. FRACTINT:

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 75
That's some nice work. Fractint is such a classic! I haven't heard of that program in a long long while but I'm glad somebody still uses it.

I currently use Artmatic Designer which is also a great program for exploring fractals, of course you can make some of them yourself.

It's really neat seeing your work! smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Thanks. I have many versions of FRACTINT including one that runs fast in windows (a test version), but is buggy. Often I design on the Mac in DOSBOX (emulator) running FRACTINT (DOS) at 800x600. Then I take it over to the Windows/DOS box for rendering (4000x3000). I looked at Artmatic Designer. Looks good, but I don't know if I feel like learning yet another language / tool kit. Do you know if AD has "orbital trap" fractals?
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

For a weekend heatwave, here is Pod. Credits: Photoshop CS6, Brush Engine Van Gogh using the comet brush, Fractal Domains.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Back into the chaotic realm with Coral in a Vacuum. Credits: Polygon Painting by Vladimir Golovin, Channelizer, Surface Texture Engine, Snap Art 3, Photoshop CS6, Xaos fractal generator.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Getting ready for the weekend. Here is Fractal Forest. Credits: Photoshop CS6, Xaos fractal generator, Rays by Kochubey, SolarGen by TBH-1138, Grunge Dynamo by Mardar, A Simple Cutout.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Some artwork for a humid Sunday. Water Plants 4. Credits: Photoshop CS6, Fractal Domains, Picasso Redux, Surface Texture Engine.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

And for the final musing of the weekend, here is A Hole in my Life. Credits: Photoshop CS6, Fractal Domains, Picasso Redux, iPhone camera.

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 138
Nice work Rick !

Your Kiko ressembles my cat. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Thanks Ghislaine! Kiko is a very social cat. Likes all people and even some dogs. For the holiday weekend (for some of you), here is Water Plants 5. Too lazy to do credits, FF was used.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Experimenting with a new filter, here's a test result for the day: Kiko Is A Star.

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

If you need another cat model, I would like to see mine with your new filter...

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Here is some fun: Ghislaine's Star Cat. Tell me what you think. I am working on the presets.

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

The Star is more lighten and clear. You know, it is very funny what we start together with our cats. I envoy experimenting with you.

Will you have it in other colors ? This one is very nice. The image is more better than mine. I like the "Before / After" look. We can compare the difference and the result is nice and funny. Thanks for having take care of my request. You are so kind. smile:) smile:banana:
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Thanks Ghislaine! Cats are fun! Yes, the filter can use any color for the star. Here is my experiment for the day with the new filter: Experiment for the Day. Credits: Photoshop CS6, Xaos fractal generator, Edge Star, Surface Texture Engine.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Look familiar? Yes, this is FF generated. Definitely not ready to go, but I made major progress today in both the UI aspects and the color mapping challenges. Thanks to CFandM for insight into how to zoom into these infinite things. Long term I would like to add additional Mandelbrot variants a la FRACTINT.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Up late in the chaotic realm. More testing of the latest fractal code and learning yet another language (LUA scripting).

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

More fractal experimenting. I actually have a user interface where I can zoom in 2,000,000 times. Here is an example of that.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

This is pretty sweet stuff. I just love the fact that there are fractals on FilterForge now smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Thanks. If I can get the Mandelbrot the way I like, I am going to look into other Mandel formulas. CFandM's unusual fractals and the way he generates them got me going. And now if only I could do a set_slider_input from LUA... would have made my life a lot easier on the coding end.
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Another test. Added reduced colors for the FRACTINT look. This one is also zoomed in 2,000,000 times.

Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Do you know if AD has "orbital trap" fractals?

I missed a question you posted a while back. Sorry! quick answer, not directly available but possible.
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Thanks Skybase. The mandelbrot thingy is almost done, will provide a lot of presets and an online document to help you get started. The UI is a bit unusual, you will see. Here is a possible preset.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Unfortunately, I may not be able to release the mandelbrot filter. Main reason: I use value controls where it says not to (red !). I have to for the UI aspect, the smooth slider control is needed for this filter to be usable at all. I will post the filter here in the hope that it can be released some day... If anyone has a solution to this issue, let me know.

Spectral Mandelbrot.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 249
Really Sweet Rick....Runs very fast as well..
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Chaos for the day: Leftover Paint vs. Rocks. Credits: Paint Thingy by Sharandra, Surface Texture Engine, Fractal Domains.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Project for the day: Plastic is Forever. Credits: Picasso Redux, Surface Texture Engine, all rendered in Filter Forge 5 beta, Fractal Domains.

Details E-Mail
ThreeDee
Lost in Space

Filters: 111
Rick Duim wrote: If anyone has a solution to this issue, let me know.

Hi Rick,

Here's an example of getting a value slider converted for the Script component without an error message. (I did the handling for the ZOOM slider only as an example.) Note that you need to modify the script to account for turning the numerical input into grayscale input by using the initialize trick (example in the attached) so that the initial values are read and set once from the image input. You need to modify the remapping values so the range is the same as originally: in this case, the multiplier 0,001 for the Zoom value did it. Also, the grayscale input needs to be made an HDR input in the Script Component Input editor.

A bit convoluted but it works.

TD

Spectral Mandelbrot 2.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Thanks. smile8) I will look at this and figure out if it is worth updating the filter. I really appreciate your effort. Insight: kludge = real world.
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Tested a bit, ThreeDee gets an A+ smile:!: smile:D . I will probably do the modifications / workarounds over the weekend and change the fine tuning controls to the same method as the zooming. Plus I'll need some clamping of values in the code etc etc. Thanks again! I get the issues with initialization, have been reading the forum threads about the over-calling of prepare(), lack of true "global" variables and the current thread issues with LUA.

"We will either find a way, or make one" Hannibal
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Project in the moment: Mandelbrot Locket. Credits: ThreeDee's modified Spectral Mandelbrot in FF 5 beta.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

The updated mandel filter with extra goodies will be out early next week. It's been submitted. Three Dee alert. Thanks for the insight into using "grayscale". I took it a bit further, instead of init I used get_slider_input() calls in the prepare to get the value sliders. This works (!) even though they are defined as Grayscale in the input editor. Here's some of the results, One Cell Mandelbrot.

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Although this is nice, beautiful and well done, it keeps being the same mandelbrot, as a suggestion and having FF, it would be also cool to have image based mandelbrot, I mean that the fractal is done based on the source image shape or contour
  Details E-Mail
ThreeDee
Lost in Space

Filters: 111
Rick Duim wrote: ...instead of init I used get_slider_input() calls in the prepare to get the value sliders. This works (!) even though they are defined as Grayscale in the input editor.

No kidding? You've found the loophole! smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

SpaceRay: now that I've got this thing working with a better UI, long term plans include Mandelbrot variants, color maps, and even possibly image based mandels. I don't know what plans FF has for adding fractal components. GMM?
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 249
Can't wait for the update Rick.. smile;) smile:)
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Just submitted a new filter, here's one of the presets.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

More fun with today's new filter: Kiko Looking Up. Credits: Photoshop CS6, Edge Echo, iPhone camera.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

A little experimenting with future versions of Mandelbrot, in the ideas stage, coloring is the next challenge. Credits: Spectral Mandelbrot preset with inner image, Fractal Domains, Photoshop CS6.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

More experimenting: inside coloring using the distance estimator method. Here's a close up of the inside of the Mandelbrot.

Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

This is interesting ! smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

Thnaks. More experimentation with Mandelbrots, showing both the "inside" (top) and the "outside" (bottom) of the fractal.

Details E-Mail
Rachel Duim

For the last render of the day, an old friend Tile-O-Matic.

Details E-Mail

Messages 91 - 135 of 563
First | Prev. | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next | Last 

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

29,451 Registered Users
+13 new in 7 days!

137,885 Posts
+10 new last day!

13,446 Topics
+7 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 15 minutes:

20 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter