Liquid by Vladimir Golovin

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Yana!

Liquid by Vladimir Golovin
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/241.html

Details E-Mail
Yana!

WOW, Vlad.....

Every filter I've seen is amazing......can't wait to get my hands on this plug in!
  Details E-Mail
Vladimir Golovin
Administrator
Filters: 55
Thanks Yana! Welcome to Filter Forge!
  Details E-Mail
Yana!

Spacibo!!

Unfortunately, I'm on a Mac, so I can only watch for now....... smile:cry:
  Details E-Mail
Vladimir Golovin
Administrator
I heard that people are running FF on Macs under Parallels -- you might try that.
  Details E-Mail
Yana!

Hmmmmmm.....

This may be a stupid question, but how do I go about doing that?
  Details E-Mail
Vladimir Golovin
Administrator
It's a software for Mac that lets you run Windows programs:
http://www.parallels.com/en/products/desktop/

If you don't own Parallels Desktop, I think using Apple BootCamp is a better idea (however, you'll need a copy of Windows to install and it works on Intel-based Macs only.)
http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Details E-Mail
voldemort
voldemort
Filters: 644
I currently utillize parallels for my mac needs since it fits the bil perfectly for most things but it would be nice to run it native Even though I have it on my box I havnt tried this yet
http://www.codeweavers.com/
I dont know if your familliar with wine or not but its allowed linux users to run a large portion of windows software native for a long time
They are currently developing a port for mac its in its bate stages as well
the latest beta of code weavers can run quite a few things on a mac That shocked me at how well it worked but since I allready have parallels i havnt tried ff under wine
you might give their beta a whirl
lets all whine for a wine port
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 248
Yana! wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but how do I go about doing that?

Read carefully before jumping into any of these thou...Bootcamp requires a new partion
on your hard drive..Plus not every feature or drivers are supported through this emulation. Although my choice would be either parallels or wine..
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Yana!

Well, now that I am completely confused........(I'm a high end retoucher, not a programmer at all....)....my next question is, what version of OS X do I need? I am not familiar at all with some of this terminology.....I just want to make some crazy filters!!!! smile:D
  Details E-Mail
BLUEFROG

Filters: 6
Yana!

I am using Parallels on OSX 10.4.8 but it will run on any version of 10.4. It runs Windows at the same time as OSX. The newest version (v.1970 - not the much talked about beta) gives a beautiful express install of Windows XP. It does require a valid Windows SP2 CD and it will take about 40 minutes to install (which is what it would be on any non-Apple PC) but you basically choose "Window XP", give it a name, and you're running without intervention in less than an hour.

Vlad- I have tried Bootcamp and Parallels is quicker by far. We'll see what Leopard brings but bootup in Parallels is about 5 seconds compared to about 40 seconds in Bootcamp (plus some very nasty screen redraw artifacts before the welcome screen with Bootcamp!)

All told, FF runs beautifully in Parallels and the shared network connection allows me to browse FF's site on the "PC" while learning Obj-C on the Mac behind the scenes!

BLUEFROG
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

26,168 Registered Users
+46 new last day!

136,392 Posts
+73 new in 7 days!

13,263 Topics
+9 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

8 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter