Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Andrew B.

Filters: 2
Sketch and Color by Andrew B.
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/385.html

Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

I just released an upgrade to Sketch and Color. Here are some samples. The top image is made with preset 7, bottom is preset 13.

Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

Top is preset 9, bottom is preset 6.

Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

Left is preset 1, right is preset 4.

Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

Click on the images above to see a larger version. The small images don't really show the results very well.

If you decide to try Sketch and Color, don't become discouraged if you don't get a good result with every photo. Even the same preset will not look the same on every picture you try. A lot depends on the luma and chroma distribution of the picture.

The way I approach a picture is to click every preset, pick the one that has the most promise, and tweak from there. Then I usually touch it up in Photoshop. But for the sample images above, I took them straight from Sketch and Color.

Here's one more example. I made this one with an early version of Sketch and Color. It is based on the current Preset 5, except with Intensity and Low Gain increased a little.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
WOW!! This looks really wonderful and beautiful. And with many possible combinations and presets ready to use.

And this is your first filter ? Is really great. I like it very much. It seems you have a good future as filter forge if you continue this way

I will have to experiment and try it on some images to see really how powerfull and useful this can be and the greta potential it can have.

Thanks very much for creating this beauty and share it here. Lovely

The lifesaver image of the main thumbnails does not give really a great preview of what this good filter can do, and is a pity that some could miss this only by looking at the thumbnails.
  Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

Thanks, SpaceRay.

For anyone who tries this filter, I suggest running about 10 of your photos and see what works. My best luck has been with portraits, flowers, and animals. I've had no luck with landscapes and buildings. And sometimes it helps to run a jpeg filter beforehand.

If you come up with any great presets, please let me know.
  Details E-Mail
geekatplay
Vladimir Chopine

Filters: 43
Nice filter, interesting 2343++ downloads in one day on this filter? tell secret?
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
geekatplay, he's got a big family smile:D
I'm guessing you're referring to the fact that the release date in the filter page is Jan 3 2012 - that's actually the update date. The filter itself exists for a while now.
  Details E-Mail
geekatplay
Vladimir Chopine

Filters: 43
I thought about it, just got confused on post dates smile:)
  Details E-Mail
BeatriceMcKeown
BeatriceMcKeown
I think this is lovely smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

Here's a tutorial for the filter. I hope this helps. Link to tutorial

And thank you Beatrice. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
lipebianc
FFF = Filter Forge Fan

Filters: 12
Great filter, Andrew! smile:)
Thank you for sharing the tutorial with the community!!
"From the moment we are born, we start being filtered..."
  Details E-Mail
lipebianc
FFF = Filter Forge Fan

smile;)

Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

Thanks, Lipebianc. And nice picture.

I have more results I've made and maybe I'll post them. But for now, here are some I made a long time ago with Sketch and Color. They are Woman, Cat, and Flower. The other pictures in the gallery are not made with Filter Forge.
  Details E-Mail
lipebianc
FFF = Filter Forge Fan

Great stuff, Andrew! (just saw them today... better late than never smile:) )

This is a very cool filter indeed!
Keep up the good work!

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
cool! smile:)
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

I should have checked back here sooner. I like your latest addition, Lipebianc. Thanks for posting.
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 67
I love this filter! smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

I noticed that Photoshop CS6 Oil Paint filter understands how hair flows. So tested to see if it could smooth the hair in results created by Sketch and Color. Below is the before and after. The trick is to pull all the Oil Paint sliders down to zero, and then adjust the hair using only the Stylization and Cleanliness sliders. Once the hair is right, click okay. Then use a layer mask to restore the non-hair parts of the photo that Oil Paint deformed.

Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,316 Registered Users
+34 new in 7 days!

120,830 Posts
+19 new last day!

11,081 Topics
+15 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

9 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter