Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

Filter Forge 3.0 Released

<< 1 2 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
It has been a long day for the team smile:)

http://www.filterforge.com/more/news/1028.html
http://www.filterforge.com/download/

We'll announce the results of the beta testing tomorrow.
  Details E-Mail
BAR-CODE
and ... when do the serial keys go out ?

Chris
  Details E-Mail
Crapadilla
lvl 52 Filter Weaver and Official "Filter Forge Seer"

Filters: 65
Congrats to the FF Team!

smile:beer: smile:beer: smile:beer: smile:ff: smile:ff: smile:ff:
--- Crapadilla says: "Damn you, stupid redundant feature requests!" ;)
  Details E-Mail
Crapadilla

OMG! Depth Map has been implemented for Bombers...

I just love the FF Team! smile:D smile:ff: smile:loveff: smile:beer: smile:banana:
  Details E-Mail
surfbored
smile:cry: AHHHHH!!!! It never fails, I must have the worst timing of anyone.

I just (2 months ago) purchased version 2 for $100. Now version 3 is out. Even with the upgrade discount I pay another $70. That's a total of $170 while people paying full price only pay $150. I freakin' hate buying software!!! Ugh! smile:evil:

So now I have to decide if double-spending is worth it. Is there enough in version 3.0 to crack open my (recently taped) piggy bank again??? smile:?:
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 217
Crapadilla wrote:

I just love the FF Team! smile:D smile:ff: smile:loveff: smile:beer: smile:banana:

+1000x a lot.... smile:D smile;)
I know what I am doing this weekend...Got a fresh pound of coffee.. smile;) smile:)

Hurray for the FF team... smile;) smile:) You can nap now but only for a little while.. smile:D
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
DragonzTeeth
Did anyone hear when the Filter Forge 3.0 serial numbers get sent out for the ones that bought the Pre-Order?

Just looking for a time frame to check the email and make sure it stays out of the spam bin.

Thanks
  Details E-Mail
BAR-CODE
mmm THAT was the first thing i asked in this thread..
  Details E-Mail
DragonzTeeth
Yup , I saw it smile:) Didn't see anyone from the company reply yet, so another "bump" won't hurt. I was hoping they had answered your question when first reading the thread. I guess we have 30 days to use the "demo" but it is more fun to have your official keys installed.

Thanks
  Details E-Mail
DisTrash
Hello,

I just received my serials but there is a problem all works but it's not my name.

Instead of my full name like in v2, i have just as name : Monsieur ( = sir, Mister ).

Just that, i need to have my real names with my serials, it is possible you fix that and send me new modified serials please ?

I post here in the case that helps others people with the same problem.

Maybe a bug in the serials registration or generation.

Thanks a lot !!

Best Regards from France smile;) smile;) smile;) smile;) smile;) smile;)
  Details E-Mail
beulahmom
I got my new license key today but when I try to enter it I get an "Invalid License name or key" error. It will allow me to use it as a 30 day trial but that's not what I paid for. I hope this is just a "glitch". I have contacted FF and am sure they will have an answer for me soon. They usually do!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
WOW!! Congratulations to the FF 3.0 team for all the work they have done to reach this point.

I wish the best for the new version 3.0 and want to see it grow and become even more popular and famous than FF 2.0 and with lots of new fantastic, awesome and amazing filters created by all the experts that all of you.

I love FF Inc. and ALSO love you all that make so much lovely filters and support and give the fuel to power Filter Forge.

I am very sorry that I can´t buy the upgrade yet because I do not have enough money, but I will surely upgrade to 3.0 as soon as I can.
  Details E-Mail
Voltago
samw problem here as beulamom and DisTrash. most likely it's just a minor problem and new keys will be sent out soon smile:)
  Details E-Mail
cfree68
colin Fizgig

Filters: 22
Is anyone else having a problem installing and getting it to work? I'm on Win7 64 and have tried to install and run it 3 times now.. Each time it pauses a second but FF never comes up. It locks up my photoshop.

Suggestions ideas?
colin Fizgig
  Details E-Mail
Bionic
Congratulations on delivering & all the best smile:beer:
  Details E-Mail
lahazard
Besides having problems getting the order form for upgrades to work, sounds like it might be good to wait a day or two to let the FF3 team work out the glitches with the license key issues.

Have been looking forward to this day for some time! Very Happy to know it's officially released.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 75
Crapadilla wrote:

I just love the FF Team!

At first, I thought, he couldn't be serious, but it's there! I can barely SMUDGE the tears of joy off my face! Thanks, FF! smile:ff:
  Details E-Mail
skyzyk
skyzyk
I got my serial number but with no name. I have my tried my name, my nickname, my e-mail and I even tried with no name but it won't accept the code.

Has anyone an idea?
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
didnt get my serial number. had to use the 30 day trial. all other keys i have for FF didnt work, so i'm assuming final 3 requires a new one regardless of lifetime free updates. maybe tomorrow? i hope we get them before the weekend.
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

for those that got their keys but havent managed to have it take yet, you MUST use the user name you registered with plus the key.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Hey everyone,

We apologize for sending keys with license names like Sir, Mr. or Frau. We'll resend proper keys for the Windows platform today.

Keys for the Mac version will be sent out within a few days.

Please note that everyone has a fresh 30-day trial regardless of any previous Ff versions or betas installed. If you don't get a key today please use the fully-functional trial for a few days before complaining to the support.
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
And yes, FF 3.0 requires a new key -- no key from any other version, including 3.0beta, will work with the commercial version.
  Details E-Mail
Sphinx.
Filter Optimizer

Filters: 38
smile:beer: FF! That Smudge component is a strange and interesting being smile:-) And that new depth map input.. you rock!
Njyldgarkn sample cache!
  Details E-Mail
Crapadilla

Some tiny help file nitpicks:

The 'Depth Map' option and the 'Works when conntected' map input are not explained in the 'Bomber' section.

The 'Miscellaneous' and 'Support' sections are grouped under 'Scripting', which appears to be somewhat odd.
  Details E-Mail
cfree68
colin Fizgig

Filters: 22
any idea on why it won't work after reinstalling several times? Just stops after I click it. Is there something wrong with the installer for Windows7 users?
colin Fizgig
  Details E-Mail
emumaniac
The same here in Win7(64). FF3 seems to run in background, because it's listed in the "Progresses", but no UI comes up.

Please help !!
  Details E-Mail
emumaniac
I think i got it.

I guess it's the storing of all the filters locally. The first run needs ages to read in all the stuff......

Hope that helps.
  Details E-Mail
Dmitry Sapelnikov
Filter Forge, Inc. AKA Egret
Filters: 5
Crapadilla wrote:

Specially for you, Dilla smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Crapadilla

Dmitry Sapelnikov wrote:
Specially for you, Dilla

Thanks. smile:beer:
  Details E-Mail
James
James
Filters: 25
Congratulations of the release FF team smile:D

By the way does anyone know if the results of the beta testing posted somewhere? GMM said they would be posted but i could not find the info anywhere.
  Details E-Mail
Crapadilla

The results haven't been posted yet, AFAIK. I'm guessing the FF Team is on a well deserved vacation. smile:)
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
James, I'm sorry for not keeping the promise of announcing the winners of the beta test: we are overwhelmed with 3.0 key requests and our automatic key distribution has failed. I will turn my attention to the beta winners once we settle the hassle with keys.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
I want to let know that I have downloaded the FF 3.0 final version and I have installed it OVER THE OLD BETA VERSION and so everything has kept the same and it works flawlessly and perfect from the first moment, and have kept all the filters and configuration doing it this way.

And to solve the problem with the activation keys, I am using the trial version of 3.0 instead of the full version.

I have WIndows 7 64 bit
  Details E-Mail
Lucato
FF addicted

Filters: 39
GMM wrote:
We apologize for sending keys with license names like Sir, Mr. or Frau. We'll resend proper keys for the Windows platform today.

Hi GMM, on November, 11 you wrote that quoted text, and I'd like to inform that I didn't get such e-mail until today, November, 15th. I've checked my spam box and it isn't there too. I've sen't couple e-mails to the support, but I'm not sure they're reaching you guys once I didn't get any feedback from you yet, and no response from FF team isn't usual at all. How you guys had that server update, I wonder if has some delay delivering the keys or something else that I need to wait or I need to send an e-mail to some e-mail address.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.
Image Image
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Hi Luis,
I guess you've got a lifetime upgrade? Unfortunately our automatic key distribution failed, we're sending out keys manually and probably haven't sent yours yet. Please use the trial version for a couple more days until we either fix the key distribution or send out all keys smile:(
  Details E-Mail
James
James
Filters: 25
Ok thanks for the info GMM, I was guessing that it was due to things being a bit busy at the moment with the V3 release.
  Details E-Mail
Lucato
FF addicted

Filters: 39
GMM wrote:
Hi Luis, I guess you've got a lifetime upgrade? Unfortunately our automatic key distribution failed, we're sending out keys manually and probably haven't sent yours yet. Please use the trial version for a couple more days until we either fix the key distribution or send out all keys

Hi GMM, yes, you're right, I got lifetime upgrade. I'm sorry you guys got this issue. I'll keep using the trial than I have more some days to use. :0) Good luck to you all fixing the distribution system or by sending them manually. I'll keep waiting. If the trial expires and I don't get the key I'll contact you again. ;0)
Have a nice week.
Image Image
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 75
I notice that several downloaded filters (fr om the online library) are still lurking around in "my filters". That's because I probably downloaded them while using the FF3 Beta. But now that Beta testing is over, it would be convenient for these filters to be put back wh ere they belong. Is there a way, other than manually, that this could be fixed? smile:?:
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Indigo Ray, I'd recommend you delete these filters and redownload them from the library.
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

GMM, what's the estimated time of arrival for all keys? i still havent gotten mine, either.

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 67
Keys for the Mac version will be sent out within a few days.

Very excited!! Will be waiting. I've been playing with FilterForge 3 for a while. Amazing. I'm using it all over my film and the results are (as usual) stunning. Adaptive preview = best thing ever. Thanks FilterForge. Woo
  Details E-Mail
GMM
Filter Forge, Inc
Craig, our DBA who is in charge of maintaining the database of 3.0 users has fell sick smile:(
If we don't fix the automated key distribution soon we'll have to send the keys manually – and emailing out several thousand keys one by one is the thing we'd like to avoid.
We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please allow several working days to fix this.
  Details E-Mail
Rod_D
have you seen my eraser?

Filters: 2
That's a lot of keys to send manually.I do not blame you. smile:)
Rod
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 67
I shall sit tight and wait for the day awesomeness arrives in my email.
  Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

thanks, gmm smile:)

Craig
  Details E-Mail

<< 1 2 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,332 Registered Users
+13 new last day!

120,876 Posts
+38 new last day!

11,084 Topics
+13 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

12 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter