This does not happen every time, but I've been able to make it happen fairly reliably.
1. Load photoshop with new blank image.
2. Launch Filter Forge. When the Buy/Try message appears, click "Use trial" button.
3. When Filter Forge opens, exit using the Close (X) button at the top right hand side.
4. Launch Filter Forge again. The following message appears:
Filter Forge is running -- click here to switch.
5. Click the link and get the error:
FilterForge plugin - Exception caught at thread 00002470 'Application'
<class XFW::OSCallError> ""WaitNamedPipeW(wait named pipe failed) failed with error code 0x00000002: The system cannot find the file specified.
6. Click Okay and get Photoshop error message:
Could not complete the Filter Forge 3 command because of a program error.
a. This does not happen every time, but it happens often.
b. If the Buy/Try message comes up right away, then FF launches okay without errors. This makes me think the problem is that Filter Forge is in the process of loading, but hasn't finished yet when I click the message (that is, the message described in step 4 appears too soon!).
c. I have screen shots of the errors in a pdf file that is just under 1M, but the system won't let me load them. I can email if you want them.
d. My system:
Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3. Dell Inspiron I6500 Intel Core 2 CPU T7400 @ 2.15 GHz 994 MHz, 2.0 GB of RAM
|Posted: May 2, 2011 3:41 pm|
Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!
15,382 Registered Users
+11 new last day!
+8 new last day!
+16 new in 7 days!
profundities, 13 unregistered users.