Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

PS CS5 hidden crop

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Andrew B.

Filters: 2
Photoshop CS5 ver 12.0.4. Extended
FF Pro 3.007

When cropping in Photoshop CS5, it offers a setting where one can hide the cropped off part instead of deleting it. The purpose is in case you want to crop larger later. This confuses Filter Forge. It is not recognizing the image state. So, for example, if I apply the default setting for Watercolor Frame, it creates the frame the size of the cropped image (as it should), but then it shifts the frame up and to the left, leaving no frame at all on the right and lower sides.

If I tell PS to "reveal all" (show the hidden part of the cropped image), I see the frame pushed into the upper left corner of the full image. So it looks like FF makes the frame the right size, but positions it as if the picture were not cropped.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 217
FF does not work with the image the same way as PS does...So the hidden part of the image in PS will be seen as part of the image in FF...
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

Filter Forge does understand the crop, in part. It is able to see the image as cropped when it creates the effect. That's why the frame is the same size as the cropped image. The problem comes in when it transfers this effect to the actual layer. So maybe the logic just needs to be tweaked.
  Details E-Mail
CFandM
ForgeSmith

Filters: 217
hmmm..Thats a weird one...
Stupid things happen to computers for stupid reasons at stupid times!
  Details E-Mail
Andrew B.

I was able to observe more setting FF preview to see original. The problem happens before the effect is applied. Inside filter forge is gets the cropped size of the image right, but it applies that size to the upper left of the uncropped image.
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

17,331 Registered Users
+12 new last day!

120,872 Posts
+34 new last day!

11,084 Topics
+13 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 15 minutes:

Ramlyn, 13 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter