Login - Create Account
Bookmark and Share

The Orange Head

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>

Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Mongoose King
Mongoose King

Filters: 20
That's some pretty terrible grass in that V7 filter you got there Indigo.... It's all full of weeds!

Need to get some lawn sand on it..
Release the Mongoose!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
Morgantao wrote:
Indigo, they called SpaceRay a filter hoarder for much less...
You better start submitting some of your crazy filters soon, or the mob will come with pitchforks and torches smile:D

YES, is true smile:D smile:D It seems that Indigo Ray show many nice and beautiful filter results but then these are not available in the library, even after many months waiting to arrive.

Perhaps if you do not want to share them, it would be good that you put a note that this examples will not be available in the library.

Although I think that Indigo Ray have the intention and wish to publish them BUT it seems that this does not happen after many months waiting.

One example

CorvusCroax wrote in August 2011
Hey Indigo Ray, did you ever submit your mud cracks filter?

Indigo Ray wrote also in August 2011
Just to tease you, I'll show you some new added features to the mud cracks filter.

First, I changed the perspective a little to simulate an explosion towards the viewer (I have an implosion mode as well). Second, I've added a metallic rendering mode (you can still make the above pic if you like).

So from reading the answer I could think that it has the intention of making it available sometime soon in the FF library, BUT we are already in April 2012, and there is NO news after 8 months about this filter.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Indigo only releases his filters when he thinks they are perfect, and not a checkbox before.
Indigo, we don't mind if it's not perfect! submit it to the libraray, and you can always update later smile:D
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao wrote:
Indigo only releases his filters when he thinks they are perfect, and not a checkbox before.

OK, I agree with this BUT as I have said above this have been 8 MONTHS AGO !! smile:D

I understand and know this very well, as I am the same perfectionist but I am letting go and now I Know that to release a filter it does not need to be perfect, just working right and organized and with presets to show what it can do.

Morgantao wrote:
Indigo, we don't mind if it's not perfect! submit it to the libraray, and you can always update later

OH, yes, I agree with you, it does not need to make it super mega perfect, because you can ALWAYS update it after and add more things or correct something, the only thing is that it should work and be efficient if possible.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 73
Well, I don't know...you didn't say please... smile:dgrin:
I don't mean to guiltify myself more, but this filter has been in the works since 2009 (see the bottom of the 1st page in this thread). I will see about finally submitting the filter within a week.
"Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Well, I don't know...you didn't say please...

Please, could you be so kind and nice to share this great filter you have done so well? smile:)

Thanks very much
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Puweeeeeeeeeez? smile:bunny:
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

More 3D with the smudge component: (the vertical black lines on the block are there on purpose)

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

smile:)

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Now add ome windows to the buildings smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Looks like skyscrapers now. And it renders fast. smile:) But where is the fuzziness coming in?

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

It's motion blur, from flying so fast between the skyscrapers smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

smile8)
600x600 image took ~2.5 seconds on my quadcore (keep in mind both the diffuse and bump maps were simple perlins). I need find a better method for the shadows and the depth blur.

Details E-Mail
Kraellin
Kraellin

Filters: 97
i like this last one, indigo. but, you're right, the depth blur is off a bit. it doesnt make a smooth transition all the way through... at least to my eye. still, i like this! smile:)
If wishes were horses... there'd be a whole lot of horse crap to clean up!

Craig
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 65
This is awesome!
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

What happened to the great 3D and high green windowsless buildings ? smile:?:
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Spaceray, I would like to texture the green blocks with windows, but I can't seem to add texture to a vertical face. It's hard to explain. smile:(

Perspectivescape V2. Actually, I cheated with this one: I used a pre-made seamless height map from the internet. I now use Betis' "gradual blur" for the depth blur, which is a little better. I also added some simple shadows and whatever that atmospheric effect is called. smile:)

Now takes almost 20 seconds. smile:|

You can see the texture getting stretched on the slopes. If there was a way to prevent that...

Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Indigo Ray wrote:

Spaceray, I would like to texture the green blocks with windows, but I can't seem to add texture to a vertical face. It's hard to explain.

Well, I really do NOT want to have windows and so they could be similar to buildings, this was something Morgantao said smile:D , but what I really would like is to be add you own textures to the sides of the nice cubes or 3D vertical shapes, but if this is difficult and not possible, do not worry.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Well, I really do NOT want to have windows and so they could be similar to buildings, this was something Morgantao said

Suuuuure, blame it on me! smile:D

Indigo, those examples are really cool, I like what you've done.
To avoid stretching on the slopes, perhaps try using the height map as a mask between large scale and small scale snoises, or use it as scale\stretch on the noise component itself.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Morgantao, neither of those ideas work, unfortunately. smile:(
...it's a long shot, but what about UV mapping?

Also, I made this by accident, thanks to Uber. No, it's not 3d.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

...it's a long shot, but what about UV mapping?

Can't help you there...

I made this by accident

Good accident smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Morgan, you might like this one.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

OMG how?!
I was trying to get this effect since my first filter!
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Indigo, are you going to release this filter, or are you just trying to make me beg? smile:D

And what about the mud cracks filter? People are going to riot on the streets smile:deer:
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Morgan, I submitted a snippet that is employed in the printmaking filter (hopefully the filter library will update tomorrow). Give me a little more time on the printmaking one. You'll drive me to submission eventually. smile;)

And wake up, I submitted the mud cracks filter: Here it is. If you want a uniform cracked texture, it's an easy mod in the filter editor.
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

/me smacks himself on the forehead!
How could I forget mud cracks' release!? smile:D

But I actually ment this one:
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Please, Please Indigo Ray, could you be so kind to explain a little HOW you have been able to make this beautiful and wonderful 3D effect shapes in Filter Forge ?

Indigo Ray wrote:

Also, I made this by accident, thanks to Uber. No, it's not 3d.

This was made by accident ? smile:?:
How is possible ? smile:?:
In what is Uber related to this great and beautiful "accident" ?
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Ooooh, I know, I know, me, me, ask me, I know! smile:bunny:
Uberzev asked for a hand made F2 whorley noise, and Indigo stumbled upon this in his try to make the noise.

I imagine this was done by feeding that triangular pyramid shape into a bomber. The question is, how was the shape created... Perhaps by manually overlaying the 3 lines over a polygon?
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

OH ! I see is that thread about the FF Whorley Noise, so this may be the relation, but is still the same for me as I do not know about this and have no clue how this works or how to use this.

Morgantao wrote:

I imagine this was done by feeding that triangular pyramid shape into a bomber. The question is, how was the shape created... Perhaps by manually overlaying the 3 lines over a polygon?

I have tried to feed shapes into the bomber and got horrible and unexpected results and nothing useful, so it would be good to know how to make this 3D triangular shapes and how is the GOOD way to feed them into the bomber and get a good result like the one above
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Morgantao I suppose that do you mean this thread Anyone have a manual method for recreating F2 Worley Noise?, but I do not see how you could convert this Worley noise shapes into this poligonal 3D sharp shapes shown by Indigo Ray

This below is the Worley Noise from uberzev

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Jeez guys...stop bickering in my thread. smile:evil:

Yes Morgan, a triangular pyramid into a bomber, then..........

No, Spaceray, it is not exactly 3d, the lighting is based on the gradient, not on direction.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Sorry that I have been posting in your thread, and was just to ask how you have done your beautiful design of the triangles shapes, but do not fear that I will not continue posting in your thread so you can have it clean just for you.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

smile:blush: Sorry Morgan and Spaceray, that came out mean. Don't know what I was thinking. Feel free to post here! Of course I value your feedback! smile:)

Here's that pseudo-3d accident filter you were asking about:

Tri.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

OK, do not bother, I was wondering why you said this, as we did not do something very wrong, I think, but I do not bother about it, I accept you apology and also will be more carefull when posting.

AND THE BEST OF ALL is that you have uploaded your 3D style "accident" filter and after using it I really must say that is AN AWESOME AND AMAZING ACCIDENT !!!!! smile:)

I like very much how you have done this and the way to use the polygons with the bomber and the edge detector and tint color.

I have done an updated version with more controls and more ways to customize your great and lovely filter and have discovered more things that can be done.

This is a pre-release as I think there is hidden a great potential and much more behind this filter

Here is what I have done until now

Tri updated controls.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

No offense taken Indigo smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Boom.

Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Lemme guess, this is a 3D smudge thingy, right?
Would love to see how this is built, maybe I can incorporate it into my explosions filter smile;)
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

I can add custom shapes to the landscape, like this plateau. I can also "fly around" with controls for 3D movement and yaw (rotation- like turning your head around sideways). The lighting has been redone, I fixed? the depth map, and I added simple clouds.

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Some controls are missing, but here's the filter.

Perspective Snippet V3.ffxml
  Details E-Mail
Ghislaine
Ghislaine

Filters: 108
BIG THANK Indigo ! smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Oh, this is cool!!! smile8)
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

If you make anything cool with that landscape filter, show me!

Here's something else, inspired by one of Uberzev's recent screenshots. It's like fractals, but with noise implemented somewhere. This is 5 iterations:

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Same filter (same components), different settings. smile8)

Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

For some reason, changing the size of the image actually changes the pattern...I like it. smile:)

Details E-Mail
Sharandra
Filter Forge Addict

Filters: 25
That looks great! Last one is my favorite, looks kinda like a butterfly smile:-)
  Details E-Mail

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >>

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

16,806 Registered Users
+8 new last day!

118,854 Posts
+11 new last day!

10,825 Topics
+5 new last day!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

10 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter