Login or Register to post new topics or replies
Casual Pixels
Dilettante

Layers and Layers by Skybase
http://www.filterforge.com/filters/10717.html

Details E-Mail
Casual Pixels
Dilettante

I like this a lot; some very nice subtle touches here.
  Details E-Mail
SpaceRay
SpaceRay

Filters: 33
nice and curious well done effects can be made with this filter and modifying the setting gets weird result that I like like and is interesting.

Thanks
  Details E-Mail
Casual Pixels
Dilettante

Did some playing around with this. Can't embed video, so you'll have to go to

Animated Layers and Layers

to check it out.

smile:!: smile:!: Warning: It's a little hard on the brain; it's like it's out of focus and your eyes don't want to accept that they can't bring it into focus. smile:D
  Details E-Mail
Morgantao
Can't script

Filters: 20
Nice, Skybase.
Looks like cut card stock. Reminds me of a project I did where I actually had to cut a forest of tiny tree stumps out of 3 brown colored cards, and glue them is layers. Not gonna happen again! smile:dead:

Gilles, how on earth... did you transform the video to an image sequence and batch rendered it all, or did you use photoshop's video editor? smile:?:
  Details E-Mail
Skybase
2D/3D Generalist

Filters: 65
That's just awesome!! I think this is the first instance where a filter I made was used to process a movie. I gotta try making more animation based filters! smile:)
  Details E-Mail
Casual Pixels
Dilettante

I've been playing around with this kind of thing for awhile and have done a few of them. Some work, some don't.

I did one with Graphic Novel at https://vimeo.com/42941281

And one with a couple of different effects at https://vimeo.com/42099095

In this case the footage was taken with a D4, and split into frames using QuickTime. I've written some software to automatically drive the FFXCmdRenderer-x86-SSE2.exe command line app which then uses a chosen filter and preset to render each individual frame.

I then use Final Cut Pro X to merge all the rendered frames back together. Because there can be thousands of frames I'll usually then create a ProRes4444 version and toss the individual frames.

I'll then add the original footage (either for just the audio or to be able to dissolve back and forth) though I haven't had time yet to do this with the Layers and Layers one. I think that once I add the dissolve back and forth that the "whoa, why can't I focus properly anymore?" feeling will go away.

I'll probably also render it using some other filter or two and be able to go from one to the other to the other like the wind in the trees one above.
  Details E-Mail
Indigo Ray
Adam

Filters: 73
Amazing, Giles! smile8)
"Time flies like an arrow; Fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
  Details E-Mail

Join Our Community!

Filter Forge has a thriving, vibrant, knowledgeable user community. Feel free to join us and have fun!

16,820 Registered Users
+31 new in 7 days!

118,890 Posts
+9 new last day!

10,832 Topics
+13 new in 7 days!

Online Users Last 5 minutes:

Banilette, 32 unregistered users.

Recent Wiki Edits:

Follow filterforge on Twitter